If 1999 Dreamcast had games 60fps.... Why not Xbox One in 2014?

#11Veemon_XPosted 8/24/2014 4:28:54 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Veemon_X posted...
Sonic games were laggy as hell. It wasn't until it got released on PSN and XBL we finally got to see what atleast Sonic Adventure looked/played like with no lag.

Are u kidding? The xbla games are pc trash. The DC versions are faaaaar better.

I preferred the DC versions myself, but there's no denying that the PSN and XBL had perfect frame rates, atleast the PSN version.
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
#12leatheljPosted 8/24/2014 4:33:10 PM
What a dumb topic it's clear games are much more demanding now and complex. Either way xb1 does get 1080p 60fps I honestly reccamend if you really care about this go sell any console you have and go get a PC spend 2k on your PC and get a 4k monitor.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#13labountiPosted 8/24/2014 4:34:34 PM
Jx1010 posted...
labounti posted...
60fps games are designed around 60fps. Like they are now.

SNES had 60fps games, your logic is broken and full of holes.

Ok so if even snes had 60fps why would modern games be designed to have less?
I dont see the logic

Because game designers are not targeting 60 fps. They know as the people making the games that not all games need 60fps to be playable and they aren't going to compromise their artistic visions for 60fps when the game they are making doesn't need it. The 60fps dream began with PS3. But that dream died when game designers went graphics over frame rate. 60fps isn't a standard on any platform so game designers target 30fps to do more with the visuals.
#14Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 4:34:47 PM
leathelj posted...
What a dumb topic it's clear games are much more demanding now and complex. Either way xb1 does get 1080p 60fps I honestly reccamend if you really care about this go sell any console you have and go get a PC spend 2k on your PC and get a 4k monitor.

I would rather buy a dreamcast than buy a pc for gaming
#15Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 4:36:06 PM
labounti posted...
Jx1010 posted...
labounti posted...

I dont see the logic

Because game designers are not targeting 60 fps. They know as the people making the games that not all games need 60fps to be playable and they aren't going to compromise their artistic visions for 60fps when the game they are making doesn't need it. The 60fps dream began with PS3. But that dream died when game designers went graphics over frame rate. 60fps isn't a standard on any platform so game designers target 30fps to do more with the visuals.

But 60fps look better, its a fact.
I dont know man, I dont see it, Im not buying any games with less than 60fps now that I know snes used 60fps
#16leelee3105Posted 8/24/2014 4:38:44 PM
55fps plus being able to get online or 60fps plus online baked by small children and down for the count
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#17labountiPosted 8/24/2014 4:41:20 PM
Jx1010 posted...
labounti posted...
Jx1010 posted...
labounti posted...

I dont see the logic

But 60fps look better, its a fact.
I dont know man, I dont see it, Im not buying any games with less than 60fps now that I know snes used 60fps

Well this a personal issue for you then, Sorry you'll miss out on many great games due to it.
#18DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/24/2014 4:46:54 PM
I remember playing Doom at 120fps on my PC. How come PS4 and Xbox One don't do 120fps 20 years later? Never mind, that would be a dumb question.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#19GothmogzPosted 8/24/2014 4:50:11 PM
It is not a dumb question, saying games today are more demanding is a dumb answer as they were demanding even on nes.

Because game designers are not targeting 60 fps is the answer, why?, because today marketing graphics is easier than marketing gameplay.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#20MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/24/2014 4:54:02 PM
leathelj posted...

Ouch! My braincells.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.