How is Xbox live been immune to hackers all this time?

#41mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 8:42:45 PM
leelee3105 posted...
Looks like that 5 year old that found the local console password bypass on Xbox (who even puts a password in their Xbox?) Was then promptly hired to beef up security on PSN. Man is that service a train wreck

Works fine for me.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#42a687947Posted 8/24/2014 8:43:40 PM
mokmuud posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Looks like that 5 year old that found the local console password bypass on Xbox (who even puts a password in their Xbox?) Was then promptly hired to beef up security on PSN. Man is that service a train wreck

Works fine for me.

It didn't a couple hours ago ;)
#43duces9killaPosted 8/24/2014 8:45:11 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/20/microsoft-xbox-live-accounts-hacked/

And you resort to stalking me like a creep hahahah
#44mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 8:46:33 PM
a687947 posted...
mokmuud posted...
leelee3105 posted...

Works fine for me.

It didn't a couple hours ago ;)

Didn't notice. Sucks for the people that had problems with PSN and XBL today.
---
#45leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 8:48:19 PM
duces9killa posted...

The hacking on Xbox live wasn't hacking. It was idiots getting tricked into giving their info to someone. They were phished, not hacked.
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#46Draconian-WhitePosted 8/24/2014 8:49:43 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...
Cause Xbox are Software experts. If they did get hack then Live is only down for a few minutes, or hour at most. When Sony gets hacked well you might as well turn off your PS4 cause you won't be playing it the rest of that day, or the day after and maybe the day after that. A month at most.

You'd think that Sony would eventually invest more money into their security protocol and online infrastructure. Sadly, they just keep the status quo waiting for the next wave of attacks to hit their online service.

Microsoft runs circles around them in the software and security realm, not much has changed. Sony is still taking baby steps with maintaining and providing a secure online service for their fans. It's sad.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#47mokmuudPosted 8/24/2014 8:50:05 PM
leelee3105 posted...
duces9killa posted...

The hacking on Xbox live wasn't hacking. It was idiots getting tricked into giving their info to someone. They were phished, not hacked.

Keep telling yourself that. Those MS execs that had their accounts compromised were tricked too right?
---
#48a687947Posted 8/24/2014 8:51:00 PM
duces9killa posted...

"reported use of illegally obtained Social Security data to gain access to and sell off Xbox Live user accounts."

Xbox live was not hacked
#49leelee3105(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 8:51:20 PM
Draconian-White posted...
AttackOnTitan posted...
Cause Xbox are Software experts. If they did get hack then Live is only down for a few minutes, or hour at most. When Sony gets hacked well you might as well turn off your PS4 cause you won't be playing it the rest of that day, or the day after and maybe the day after that. A month at most.

You'd think that Sony would eventually invest more money into their security protocol and online infrastructure. Sadly, they just keep the status quo waiting for the next wave of attacks to hit their online service.

Microsoft runs circles around them in the software and security realm, not much has changed. Sony is still taking baby steps with maintaining and providing a secure online service for their fans. It's sad.

You've got to be making money to invest it
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#50duces9killaPosted 8/24/2014 8:52:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]