Why doesn't anyone recommend the Xbox One?

#11Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 4:39:22 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Diayamondo posted...
triple s posted...
It does get recommended. It might be overshadowed with some of the people that act like PS4 is the second coming of Christ. Nothing against the PS4, but people act like that console is Fall 2001 Era PS2 when neither PS4 or Xbox One have really built solid selection of games to be "must own" yet.

I still don't get why people say this. I see tons of games that you can play on the PS4.

That's you. I plan to buy a ps4 eventually but if I did right now there is not 1 game I'd buy on it out yet.

This right here. When ps2 came out it had some really good games i remember tekken tag, sf ex3, madden, and shortly after that we got even more. People fell for the ps4 hype. Its so deep that they have bought into the greatness awaits crap and use that as an excuse and say they will have better future exclusives.

How the heck is it still selling on hype?
#12AWarAmp84Posted 8/25/2014 4:43:19 AM
It probably has something to do with the large amount of trolls and MS haters on this board. I love my XB1 but I'm not about to argue with some idiot for an hour about my reasons why.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#13AbstraktProfSC2Posted 8/25/2014 4:45:48 AM
Yeah. I bought SSX3 and Timesplitters as blind buys for PS2 launch. I was not disappointed
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/Abstrakt1/fullnxe/card.png http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png
#14kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 4:46:20 AM
The $500 x1 did it, they should've offered a $400 version at launch. Power has a little to with it also but price matters. I waited 2 years when the ps3 launched expensive before I bought it under 300 and I prefer sony, well used to. They've abandoned putting effort into Gran Turismo lately, that was my favorite game until they messed it up last gen. Doesn't matter anyways, if you're smart you buy a console based on your gaming taste not sales numbers or power.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#15triple sPosted 8/25/2014 4:46:23 AM
It kind of is. I'll say the same about Xbox One, but there's really nothing that says, "MUST OWN" yet it's still the fastest selling console in history. At least with Xbox One, Master Chief Collection was reason enough for me to jump to getting an Xbox One. I planned to get a PS4 before the Xbox One for months but nothing outside of Second Sons really grabbed me and Second Sons isn't exactly a game where I feel I need to buy a PS4 right away. Everyone is different, MCC might not mean **** to someone else but it has probably my favorite series revamped to 1080p/60fps and it's reviving multiplayer for Halo 2. That's must own for me.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#16B1GB0SS_86Posted 8/25/2014 4:47:13 AM
Diayamondo posted...
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Diayamondo posted...
triple s posted...
It does get recommended. It might be overshadowed with some of the people that act like PS4 is the second coming of Christ. Nothing against the PS4, but people act like that console is Fall 2001 Era PS2 when neither PS4 or Xbox One have really built solid selection of games to be "must own" yet.

I still don't get why people say this. I see tons of games that you can play on the PS4.

That's you. I plan to buy a ps4 eventually but if I did right now there is not 1 game I'd buy on it out yet.

This right here. When ps2 came out it had some really good games i remember tekken tag, sf ex3, madden, and shortly after that we got even more. People fell for the ps4 hype. Its so deep that they have bought into the greatness awaits crap and use that as an excuse and say they will have better future exclusives.

How the heck is it still selling on hype?

Because its cool to hate Microsoft now and social media and gaming sites and hearsay. People are followers. I know people who were on xbox live that jumped ship because of things they read on the internet or because all their friends got it. Then they claim xbox one sucks. I ask why and they cant give me a reason other than the drm crap. And another thing is that the sony fanboys still till this day lie and say xbox one can do 1080p and other lies when they havent even played one.
#17triple sPosted 8/25/2014 4:48:45 AM
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...
Yeah. I bought SSX3 and Timesplitters as blind buys for PS2 launch. I was not disappointed

That's cool. I didn't have a PS2 until about four or five months after launch but SSX was my first PS2 game and loved it. Halo:CE was my "blind buy" for the original Xbox at launch and man, I loved it.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#18MidnightJacketPosted 8/25/2014 4:49:01 AM
I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend an X1, just as I havn't gone out of my way to recommend a PS4 either. It's too early, as others have said the library for both consoles isn't to the point that I think any gamer could pick it up and get their fill on what they would consider quality gaming. That and its inevitable that prices come down, bundles are put together, and gamers can get much better deals if they wait it out.
#19Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 4:51:17 AM
triple s posted...
It kind of is. I'll say the same about Xbox One, but there's really nothing that says, "MUST OWN" yet it's still the fastest selling console in history. At least with Xbox One, Master Chief Collection was reason enough for me to jump to getting an Xbox One. I planned to get a PS4 before the Xbox One for months but nothing outside of Second Sons really grabbed me and Second Sons isn't exactly a game where I feel I need to buy a PS4 right away. Everyone is different, MCC might not mean **** to someone else but it has probably my favorite series revamped to 1080p/60fps and it's reviving multiplayer for Halo 2. That's must own for me.

PS4 owners disagree, and 10 million people saw a reason to own one. Call it hype if you want, Sony is smart and made a powerful console that appeals to gamers and devs.
#20billOrileyPosted 8/25/2014 4:51:26 AM
even don mattrick didn't recommend the xbone, he told everyone to stick with the 360.