Why doesn't anyone recommend the Xbox One?

#31quincy2000aPosted 8/25/2014 5:05:20 AM
Now that the decision is almost just console vs. console (since Microsoft itself seems to have jettisoned that horrid -my opinion- Kinect), if you knew someone that was going to get their first console, so they would have no preferences going in, would you recommend the console built with this mentality at its very foundation?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

And they proudly proclaimed that--in the beginning. Now they don't try to own that so much.

People frequently ask my advice on which to buy since I own both and I have actually handed a copy of that article to them.

Not that that isn't bad enough for some parents but the whole concept of tying up the family TV to a Kinect doesn't fly. It's one thing for young adults out on their own Kinect-ing but I've overheard more than one Mom telling Junior he's nuts if he thinks it's going on "the big TV."
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#32Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 5:22:34 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Now that the decision is almost just console vs. console (since Microsoft itself seems to have jettisoned that horrid -my opinion- Kinect), if you knew someone that was going to get their first console, so they would have no preferences going in, would you recommend the console built with this mentality at its very foundation?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

And they proudly proclaimed that--in the beginning. Now they don't try to own that so much.

People frequently ask my advice on which to buy since I own both and I have actually handed a copy of that article to them.

Not that that isn't bad enough for some parents but the whole concept of tying up the family TV to a Kinect doesn't fly. It's one thing for young adults out on their own Kinect-ing but I've overheard more than one Mom telling Junior he's nuts if he thinks it's going on "the big TV."

Yeah, think I'll go with the PS4.
#33kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 5:25:01 AM
Diayamondo posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Ok, bye. I'm sure you had no intent in buying an x1, but something to dust it off over the next year to.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#34AWarAmp84Posted 8/25/2014 5:25:32 AM
Diayamondo posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Ok, bye!
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#35quincy2000aPosted 8/25/2014 5:26:46 AM
And it's rather apparent after looking at numbers like these (from an article now on the front page of attackofthefanboy.com) that

"The survey asked 1,200 “active gamers” what gaming consoles they owned. According to the report almost one-third of PS4 owners switched to the console from one of its competitors. To be specific, 31% of all PS4 owners surveyed owned an Xbox 360 or Wii, but did not own a Playstation 3. Aside from that, another 17% did not own any last generation console."
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#36astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 5:31:18 AM
I see a lot of people recommending the X1. The PS4 is in the lead due to some mistakes MS made early, which have been corrected and they are heading into the holiday season at the same price as the PS4. The X1 has a stronger exclusive lineup. Seems like Sony fans only talk about sales because the exclusive lineup looks very lackluster. MS fans talk about some great original games on the way.

I waited all the way until gamescom to decide which console to get to go along with my Wii U, and between E3 and gamescom MS sold me on the X1. So many great games on the way, and the PS4s exclusive library looks pretty dull in comparison imo. Buy whatever you want, noone cares, both consoles will be around this entire gen and BOTH will do well.
#37InjusticeRebornPosted 8/25/2014 5:35:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38InterzoneMantraPosted 8/25/2014 5:35:02 AM
Tbh, it seems like the x1 has lost it's identity after losing kinnect it doesn't have anything special going for it. The ps4 has an advantage of running multiplats better than the x1 for the same price, and that's a big factor imo.
I think ms should just focus on developing more studios, and bringing more unique first party exclusives that you can only play on the x1.
#39astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 5:39:15 AM
InterzoneMantra posted...
The ps4 has an advantage of running multiplats better than the x1 for the same price,

Salty ponys just making things. Im pretty darn sure the X1 plays videogames just as well as the PS4, and if there is any differences at all, you wouldnt even notices unless they were side by side. It was just like last gen, damn near every multiplat game ran better on the 360, everyone knew that, but if you were a PS3 owner you wouldnt notice. So stop lying.

The X1 has an identity, more the PS4, it has a lot of cool media/tv capabilities that the PS4 doesnt have for the same price! The PS4 does nothing at all besides play games, but for the same price the X1 has all these other features, and it has a lot of great exclusives on the way, more than the PS4 in fact. X1 has 40 known exclusives in development to the PS4s 32. Again, stop lying to try and feel better about your PS4 purchase. Why are you here? That threatened by the X1?
#40InterzoneMantraPosted 8/25/2014 5:47:45 AM
astutecollie posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...
The ps4 has an advantage of running multiplats better than the x1 for the same price,

Salty ponys just making things. Im pretty darn sure the X1 plays videogames just as well as the PS4, and if there is any differences at all, you wouldnt even notices unless they were side by side. It was just like last gen, damn near every multiplat game ran better on the 360, everyone knew that, but if you were a PS3 owner you wouldnt notice. So stop lying.

The X1 has an identity, more the PS4, it has a lot of cool media/tv capabilities that the PS4 doesnt have for the same price! The PS4 does nothing at all besides play games, but for the same price the X1 has all these other features, and it has a lot of great exclusives on the way, more than the PS4 in fact. X1 has 40 known exclusives in development to the PS4s 32. Again, stop lying to try and feel better about your PS4 purchase. Why are you here? That threatened by the X1?

I'm here because i have a ps4, and an x1. Also, i have a feeling that you're a reverse troll.