Thank you guys!!!

#21regsantotomasPosted 8/25/2014 9:56:36 AM
Porunga posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
ace_two_max posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
It's sad the way some people treat each other here.

We are all gamers in the end, but if history does teach us anything, we are also all human that didn't stop the wars in the past.

Before the Internet, humans didn't typically treat every other human they encountered like an ***hole just for having a different opinion.

No, they would just ****ing kill the person with the different opinion. As annoying as it is, people trolling and acting like a ****head online is preferable to that.

I can comfortably say that I have never wanted to kill a person for owning a Sega Master System instead of a NES. I think that it's far too convenient to use the excuse of "welcome to the internet".
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#22CallmegePosted 8/25/2014 9:57:04 AM
Porunga posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
ace_two_max posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

We are all gamers in the end, but if history does teach us anything, we are also all human that didn't stop the wars in the past.

Before the Internet, humans didn't typically treat every other human they encountered like an ***hole just for having a different opinion.

No, they would just ****ing kill the person with the different opinion. As annoying as it is, people trolling and acting like a ****head online is preferable to that.

This. In fact, this still goes on.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#23DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/25/2014 10:01:23 AM
PS4always posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
ace_two_max posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

This^^

As amazing and wonderful as the internet is, sometimes I wish it had never been invented as the net and social media is creating a nasty, repugnant morally bankrupt type of person with no feelings for anyone but themselves.

I agree. The internet is capable of a lot of good obviously, but something is being lost with these digital connections we have to each other now. So many people have cell phones held up to their faces all day long and ignore the world around them for most of the day. Strangers become less human to a lot of people on the internet. Real human interaction keeps it real.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#24DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/25/2014 10:02:52 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I just love how quick the xbox camp is to attack the PS4 when they are given even the slightest justification for it after they spend so much time taking the high ground when they're on the defensive after MS does something stupid or the NPD results come in. Just goes to show that if the xbone was the one with the upper hand this gen, they'd be trolling the PS4 boards just as bad if not worse than what is going on here now.

*sips tea*

I can't wait for the next NPD results. I'm sure there will be plenty of witty retorts along the lines of "well, even if the PS4 sold more again, at least we don't have to worry about live getting hacked!" or "At least sony ponies can play the sales game while the PSN is down."

WOOOOOOOSH!!!!
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#25Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 8/25/2014 11:09:09 AM
DirkMcGurkin posted...
ace_two_max posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

smh
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#26ChiliPupPosted 8/25/2014 1:24:46 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
things you can count on in life.

Death
Taxes
PSN & XBox Live going down

^fixed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/25/xbox-live-problems-linger-as-sign-in-issues-resolved

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]