Assassin's Creed: Unity, confirmed to be massive jerkoff!

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/25/2014 7:31:55 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-tells-a-complex-emotional-st/1100-6421901/

Yeah pretty sure when a developer (or in this case the mo-cap actor) starts spouting such crap you can almost guarantee he is saying "uh yeah we got nothing so we are using buzzwords and a sappy story to hide that fact".

The Assassin's Creed series was always pretty pretentious before but now it seems they are trying to take it to a new level!
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2IceHuskyPosted 8/25/2014 7:39:12 AM(edited)
In my opinion, Ubisoft is grasping at straws with the AC series so they can keep it going since it is really their only money-maker series they have that sells. I lost interest in the series after the first game. ACII timeline and setting sucked. AC III. while the setting and story were good, the gameplay was ZzZzZzZz-inducing just like ACII. I mistakenly tried to give ACIV a chance, but they made it worse than ACIII with a heavy focus on the clunky ship battles from that game. WTF! >_<

I am not even going to bother with AC: Unity since I know I will hate it just like I hated the other games in the series, except for the first one.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#3Jedi454Posted 8/25/2014 7:37:07 AM
Assassins Creed is a great series, but they really should've finished the series at 3 and should've given AC3 another year of development time, but now they're just dragging it on and relying on gimmicks and better graphics to sell.
#4Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 7:38:44 AM
IceHusky posted...
In my opinion, Ubisoft is grasping at straws with the AC series so they can keep it going since it is really their only money-maker series they have that sells. I lost interest in the series after AC III. I liked the setting and story, but the gameplay was ZzZzZzZz-inducing. I mistakenly tried to give ACIV a chance, but they made it worse than AC III with a heavy focus on the clunky ship battles from ACIII. WTF! >_<

Your comment on ACIV just stabbed me in the heart. I don't get how people don't like the ships, that's been my favorite aspect of the whole series so far. Guess I like pirates better than assassins.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#5snowboard340Posted 8/25/2014 7:39:25 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Assassins Creed is a great series, but they really should've finished the series at 3 and should've given AC3 another year of development time, but now they're just dragging it on and relying on gimmicks and better graphics to sell.

Since 4 was the best AC, I strongly disagree.
#6IceHuskyPosted 8/25/2014 7:41:58 AM(edited)
Cornbread4life posted...
IceHusky posted...
In my opinion, Ubisoft is grasping at straws with the AC series so they can keep it going since it is really their only money-maker series they have that sells. I lost interest in the series after AC III. I liked the setting and story, but the gameplay was ZzZzZzZz-inducing. I mistakenly tried to give ACIV a chance, but they made it worse than AC III with a heavy focus on the clunky ship battles from ACIII. WTF! >_<

Your comment on ACIV just stabbed me in the heart. I don't get how people don't like the ships, that's been my favorite aspect of the whole series so far. Guess I like pirates better than assassins.

Don't get me wrong. I like the whole Pirates mythology too. It's just that Ubisoft did not execute the ship battles very well. The ship gameplay was clunky at best. Don't even get me started with the land gameplay and how clunky it is too, something they cannot seem to rectify stemming from the original game and the problems it had. I hear AC: Unity rectifies this, but we'll see.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#7GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 7:44:03 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
IceHusky posted...

Yeah I liked the Ship combat as well, probably one of the fresher and more innovative features bought to a series that is quickly growing stagnant with it's yearly release schedule.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#8Crystyn_7BPosted 8/25/2014 7:44:16 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
IceHusky posted...

The ship battles were fun but the AC moniker stapled on to AC IV resulted in a shallow mechanic. They could have done so much more if it weren't an AC.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#9Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 7:46:16 AM
IceHusky posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
IceHusky posted...

Don't get me wrong. I like the whole Pirates mythology too. It's just that Ubisoft did not execute the ship battles very well. The ship gameplay was clunky at best. Don't even get me started with the land gameplay and how clunky it is too, something they cannot seem to rectify stemming from the original game and the problems it had. I hear AC: Unity rectifies this, but we'll see.

Land has always been a little messy, it's fluid but there's always the random jump in the wrong direction or some other **** that ruins your mission.

But I thought the ships worked really well. They're slow (which is realistic) but I felt like it was maneuverable enough to work well. I never lost a naval fight, I actually wish the controls were a little harder.

That's the whole reason I liked the game - the main missions were complete garbage, but there was so much awesome side stuff to do with the ships that you could almost completely ignore the endless tailing/eavesdropping **** if you wanted to.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#10cheezedadadaPosted 8/25/2014 7:47:27 AM(edited)
Cornbread4life posted...
IceHusky posted...

I think it did an incredible job at making the size and scope of the world feel impressive. When I was setting sail to find a new location, it really felt like the world was massive. I also really enjoyed listening to the guys sing their shanties as you floated out in the middle of nowhere...

My favorite part of the whole game was sailing around and then finding a random cave in the middle of nowhere, Jumping off the boat to explore these random places was a lot of fun.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RSC7HO9aU - Action Bronson - Rap Video of the Year.
I notice when Diablo 3's frame rate drops from 60 to 58 on the Xbox One.