Assassin's Creed: Unity, confirmed to be massive jerkoff!

#11LorneMaIvoPosted 8/25/2014 8:47:53 AM
snowboard340 posted...
Since 4 was the best AC, I strongly disagree.

AC2 was the best Assassin's Creed game. One of the most perfect games ever made.
---
Proof I post facts and don't break the ToS ~ http://i.imgur.com/flCIqfN.png
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 8/25/2014 8:48:23 AM
People who think ACIV is the best literally have no idea what they are talking about.

IV's land combat was BY FAR the weakest in the series. The missions were laughably shallow and the gameplay turned into a 'tail this guy' 'tail that guy' game.

The 'stealth' portions were also the weakest, mechanics such as blending with crowds are almost broken and rendered pointless due to the laughably bad AI's view.

No challenge whatsoever. If you liked ACIV the most, you obviously didn't understand the point of Assassin's Creed games.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#13Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/25/2014 8:48:49 AM
snowboard340 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Assassins Creed is a great series, but they really should've finished the series at 3 and should've given AC3 another year of development time, but now they're just dragging it on and relying on gimmicks and better graphics to sell.

---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#14Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 8:50:00 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...
snowboard340 posted...

AC2 was the best Assassin's Creed game. One of the most perfect games ever made.

I'll agree that was the best assassin's game. I keep saying ACIV is, but I don't think it's fair to include it with the others. It's pretty much a completely different kind of game, more pirate than assassin. Of all the "assassin's" games, AC2 was the best.

I really miss those subject 16 puzzles.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#15Crystyn_7BPosted 8/25/2014 8:50:41 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
People who think ACIV is the best literally have no idea what they are talking about.

IV's land combat was BY FAR the weakest in the series. The missions were laughably shallow and the gameplay turned into a 'tail this guy' 'tail that guy' game.

The 'stealth' portions were also the weakest, mechanics such as blending with crowds are almost broken and rendered pointless due to the laughably bad AI's view.

No challenge whatsoever. If you liked ACIV the most, you obviously didn't understand the point of Assassin's Creed games.

I refuse to acknowledge ACIV as an AC game that's why I don't even rank it when talking about favourite or least favourite. It's a pirate game Ubisoft tacked on the AC moniker to sell more copies.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#16Laylow12Posted 8/25/2014 8:52:45 AM
AC3 sucked but the rest are some of my favorite games. Pirate one included.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17Jedi454Posted 8/25/2014 8:52:54 AM
snowboard340 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Assassins Creed is a great series, but they really should've finished the series at 3 and should've given AC3 another year of development time, but now they're just dragging it on and relying on gimmicks and better graphics to sell.

That's your opinion bro and i've given mine. I don't need to prove anything.
#18Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 8:54:44 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...

That's why I was saying it's great that you could ignore the main story if you wanted. If you get to sequence 6 or so, you could pretty much just do side quests for 20-30 hours without even touching the main story. The land aspects were definitely not the high point of the game, not even close. I don't disagree with you at all - a lot of the main story missions are the most garbage in the whole series.

And also, like I said, it has nothing to do with not understanding the point of assassin's creed games because ACIV is really its own game. I pretty much don't consider it to be a real AC game, it's more of it's own kind of pirate game.

It was nice to see that you could rate missions. I hope they actually take it to heart. I don't know about everyone else, but every tailing/eavesdropping mission got a 1/5 stars while all the others got 5/5. Hopefully that stark contrast will finally drive the point home that those missions suck.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#19LorneMaIvoPosted 8/25/2014 8:58:14 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...

Man, you aren't remembering some of 3's combat and missions. Some of the most insulting game development ever.

Go back to AC2 and remember the assassination contracts? You had to find out the best means of assassinating someone, then figure out how to get to them, then how to escape when you did the deed, and to top of it all off, each target had their own little story and a reason for why they must be terminated.

In AC3, however, some random NPC with the exact same character skin as the townsfolk, just appears on the map with the assassination crosshair icon over him. You go up to him, hit whatever to start the assassination contracts, he did nothing but utter "Thank you", then 3 targets appeared on the map, who were indistinguishable from townsfolk, they had no guards, no scenery to traverse to get to them, and all you had to do was run up to them, hit the button to assassinate with all 3, then when it was done... nothing happened. Like that was it. Utterly dreadful.
---
Proof I post facts and don't break the ToS ~ http://i.imgur.com/flCIqfN.png
#20Crystyn_7BPosted 8/25/2014 9:00:00 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

Man, you aren't remembering some of 3's combat and missions. Some of the most insulting game development ever.

Go back to AC2 and remember the assassination contracts? You had to find out the best means of assassinating someone, then figure out how to get to them, then how to escape when you did the deed, and to top of it all off, each target had their own little story and a reason for why they must be terminated.

In AC3, however, some random NPC with the exact same character skin as the townsfolk, just appears on the map with the assassination crosshair icon over him. You go up to him, hit whatever to start the assassination contracts, he did nothing but utter "Thank you", then 3 targets appeared on the map, who were indistinguishable from townsfolk, they had no guards, no scenery to traverse to get to them, and all you had to do was run up to them, hit the button to assassinate with all 3, then when it was done... nothing happened. Like that was it. Utterly dreadful.

The assassination story line in IV were like the only on land missions I enjoyed.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)