Assassin's Creed: Unity, confirmed to be massive jerkoff!

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 8/25/2014 9:04:40 AM
I lost interest after AC 2a & 2b whatever that was...it was very boring and I didn't finish them...it seems like they are spamming the series COD style

I will get unity strictly for the co-op with my friends
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#22CallmegePosted 8/25/2014 9:08:22 AM
IceHusky posted...
In my opinion, Ubisoft is grasping at straws with the AC series so they can keep it going since it is really their only money-maker series they have that sells. I lost interest in the series after the first game. ACII timeline and setting sucked. AC III. while the setting and story were good, the gameplay was ZzZzZzZz-inducing just like ACII. I mistakenly tried to give ACIV a chance, but they made it worse than ACIII with a heavy focus on the clunky ship battles from that game. WTF! >_<

I am not even going to bother with AC: Unity since I know I will hate it just like I hated the other games in the series, except for the first one.

I thought AC2 was a really good game, it was Brotherhood and the obvious ctrl+c -> ctrl+v job they'd done on it that killed the series for me. It should have been a trilogy, at this point it has gone on far too long.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#23ComradeRyanPosted 8/25/2014 9:33:55 AM
Assassin's Creed is one of the few franchises I like milked. I am delighted that there will be two new Assassin's Creed games this year.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#24kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 9:38:06 AM
I think the series needs to get into the 1900s+ already. The old weapons and society are boring and felt the same. But I prefer more modern games.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#25Syn_VengeancePosted 8/25/2014 9:53:13 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I lost interest after AC 2a & 2b whatever that was...it was very boring and I didn't finish them...it seems like they are spamming the series COD style

I will get unity strictly for the co-op with my friends

Buying it for the COOP will be a waste of $60, it only has 11 COOP missions.
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..
#26astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 9:58:13 AM
I dont understand how this series turned into such a big deal. The first game was awful. Once I did the first assassination I realized the entire rest of the game could be a cookie cutter affair. Gamefly'd AC2, realized it was the exact same game, and how many others did they make after that??? I dont get it, who is buying these games??
#27CKnightPosted 8/25/2014 10:04:16 AM
astutecollie posted...
I dont understand how this series turned into such a big deal. The first game was awful. Once I did the first assassination I realized the entire rest of the game could be a cookie cutter affair. Gamefly'd AC2, realized it was the exact same game, and how many others did they make after that??? I dont get it, who is buying these games??

Well the window dressing(graphics and detail) are always top notch.

I check out AC games because they're open world games in settings no other open world game dev explores.

But I'm sick of playing as Assassins. I would prefer if Ubisoft should made a collection of open world games with standard open world gameplay(with tweaks here and there). but with stories that are unique and completely tied to that time period. None of the your in modern times playing in the past fighting Templars and what not.
#28astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 10:07:36 AM
CKnight posted...
astutecollie posted...

Well the window dressing(graphics and detail) are always top notch.

I check out AC games because they're open world games in settings no other open world game dev explores.

But I'm sick of playing as Assassins. I would prefer if Ubisoft should made a collection of open world games with standard open world gameplay(with tweaks here and there). but with stories that are unique and completely tied to that time period. None of the your in modern times playing in the past fighting Templars and what not.

Yeah the graphics are good, the time period stuff is cool, open world etc.., but the gameplay is absurdly shallow and reptitive. Not nearly enough depth or variety to it. Its just baffling to me how this turned into some kind of AAA massive franchise. Never saw this coming after playing that first game.

It's so big that they are now releasing 2 per year! How did this happen??? lol
#29Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/25/2014 10:24:06 AM
Having started gaming on the atari 2600 im 25 hours into IV and i think this is one of the greater achievements in gaming..the series is totally misunderdtood.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#30astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 10:31:12 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Having started gaming on the atari 2600 im 25 hours into IV and i think this is one of the greater achievements in gaming..the series is totally misunderdtood.

Ive played 2 of the games. How many should it take for the series to get better? It was extremely repetitive. Im not making that up.