Is there any way to watch NFL games on my xb1?

#1longnutsPosted 8/25/2014 8:04:47 AM
I currently have no cable tv or dish service. I am currently researching my options as to how I can watch NFL games this season.

I could pay verizon $5 a month for NFL mobile but be restricted to watching on my S4 - (lame, I have a 55 inch TV that needs NFL)

I could get NFL gameday rewind for like $45 i think, but be restricted to watching the games several hours after they are complete.

Is there an app for xb1 I could watch games with IF I can snag somebody's cable tv login? Would be easy, my parents would let me.

If anybody knows please share the info! Thanks!
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, wiiU, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
#2Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 8:07:28 AM
Well for an easy non-X1 option, if you know someone with time warner or something like that, you could stream their channel lineup on a laptop using twctv for example and connect it to the tv through an hdmi.

But Sunday Ticket is available for X1 starting this year. I think it's like $220 or something like that for the season. There's also a package that works just on your laptop/mobile devices, and another package for both laptop/mobile and X1. You don't need a satellite dish anymore either.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#3Cornbread4lifePosted 8/25/2014 8:08:13 AM
Forgot to add though that the Sunday Ticket thing only works on one device at a time, so if you know someone who has it, you can only use it when they aren't using it, so it may not be helpful for you.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
#4youngunner2123Posted 8/25/2014 8:09:24 AM
There is an ESPN and NFL app but could not say for sure if they broadcast live games

I would search on the Xbox forums for more answers
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#5grampamurkedPosted 8/25/2014 8:10:57 AM
The NFL app broadcasts pre season games
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#6redditon4chanPosted 8/25/2014 8:12:23 AM
Can you run your phone directly into your TV? Some TVs have that feature I see - never use it myself so I don't know a thing about it but it may be worth looking into.
#7longnuts(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 8:16:20 AM
Yeah I'm not too keen on paying $200 bucks to watch football. I really only wanna watch my team, and I'm not one of those guys that flips to every single game that is being played at the same time. Every sunday night game is streamed free on NBC website, and my team is east coast so 1pm gametime most sundays.
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, wiiU, atari 2600
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 8/25/2014 8:17:21 AM
I boldly remember a strong emphasis on the NFL at the reveal. MS and the NFL made a deal or something to bring the NFL exclusively to XBOX One

What happened to that?
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#9longnuts(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 8:17:26 AM
redditon4chan posted...
Can you run your phone directly into your TV? Some TVs have that feature I see - never use it myself so I don't know a thing about it but it may be worth looking into.

Hmmm.... buy NFL mobile and hook the phone into the TV? You just made a lightbulb go on over my head.
---
#10kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 8:20:57 AM
Some apps work through chromecast. I can watch dish, hulu, Netflix using the phone app and a chromecast. Just buy an antenna for your tv and you get fox and cbs in HD for free. Otherwise find an streamed(not legal) broadcast online if you must. If you have family with dish that trusts you then you can broadcast it through a phone to a chromecast plugged in y o the x1.

It sounds like they're making an antenna add on, it's coming to Europe first. I say buy a digital antenna though for Fox and cbs. Get family members logins to espn, nfl network.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.