Bungie wants you to grind endlessly for your gear instead of trading!

#11DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/25/2014 9:08:25 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-wont-let-you-trade-items-with-other-player/1100-6421902/

How else do you think these games stay alive if not for the endless pursuit of gear?

I didn't get the impression that this game was a "loot fest" type of game. Is that what it's supposed to be? I haven't read a lot of information on it, but I assumed it wasn't going to be like Diablo or Borderlands from what I had read. If it does have a huge amount of weapons and gear, then that's awesome! Either way this is a dumb move. Trading and gifting gear is fun.
---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin
#12SrgtStalkerPosted 8/25/2014 9:11:32 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-wont-let-you-trade-items-with-other-player/1100-6421902/

How else do you think these games stay alive if not for the endless pursuit of gear?

I know this is off topic TC, but after noticing your signature I have to ask if you're also a fan of Ezekiel 23:20? That is one of my favorite bible verses. It is so nice to find someone else who appreciates the good word as much as I do.

You appreciate the word? the way you behave on this board says otherwise. Or maybe you're just the perfect example of why the world dislikes followers/believers like you.

---

lol ha. I couldn't agree more. Way too many of "his type" don't act anywhere close as they should. Go to parties, do drugs, have sex, curse, then go to church on Sunday. WTF? Isn't that the opposite of what you should be doing?

But anyway, if they don't take days/weeks to get, I'll gladly put in the work.

You guys obviously don't know what he is referring to XD
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#13CharocksPosted 8/25/2014 9:35:58 AM
No loot trading is preposterous. What kind of an MMO doesn't have trading due to pretentious devs spouting bulls***.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#14OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/25/2014 9:38:44 AM
Charocks posted...
No loot trading is preposterous. What kind of an MMO doesn't have trading due to pretentious devs spouting bulls***.

I know right? Shame on these developers for wanting gamers to actually work to achieve things in their games rather than just cheese their way through it.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#15GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 9:53:09 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Charocks posted...

I know right? Shame on these developers for wanting gamers to actually work to achieve things in their games rather than just cheese their way through it.

This is just me but personally I don't find repeating the same mission over 100 times in the hope that the gods of random chance will bestow upon you the item you are looking for is great game design.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#16FootballRulezPosted 8/25/2014 9:56:22 AM
CKnight posted...
rusty12000 posted...
It's because they don't want people to buy/sell good gear. If you allow trading people are going to try to exploit it. So I am glad people will have to earn there items.

We're not babies, we don't need game developers/publishers to hold are hands. If someone wants to trade or sale high gear and someone wants to buy or trade for it. They should be able to.

Will the inevitable gear and weapons they sale as dlc come with cool stories?

*sell
#17Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 8/25/2014 10:00:41 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

I know this is off topic TC, but after noticing your signature I have to ask if you're also a fan of Ezekiel 23:20? That is one of my favorite bible verses. It is so nice to find someone else who appreciates the good word as much as I do.

You appreciate the word? the way you behave on this board says otherwise. Or maybe you're just the perfect example of why the world dislikes followers/believers like you.

---

*whooosh!*

Right over your head.
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#18Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 8/25/2014 10:13:28 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

---

*whooosh!*

Right over your head.

lmfao
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#19Joey-ZazaPosted 8/25/2014 10:14:53 AM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...

---

*whooosh!*

Right over your head.

Things do not go over my head. I have quick reflexes. I would catch them.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#20Joey-ZazaPosted 8/25/2014 10:16:56 AM
-20:23

And the lord said, "Let there be legendary loot to those who patiently grind."
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I