I am unable to stay connected to live

#71casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:06:50 PM
no if it was an IP conflict it wouldn't connect at all, as if there is an IP conflict both devices that have the conflict would immediately be d/c from your network as the router would stop all traffic to those devices until the conflict was resolved. my suggestion still stands try the wired connection to see if that fixes it if it does then it's something going wrong with either your wifi signal from your xbox to your router or your xbox ones wifi isn't working properly. but since you mentioned it started at the same time you got your PS3 I'd bet that's what's causing it. try eliminating your PS3 the problem as well.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#72duericPosted 8/25/2014 2:09:16 PM
casper316 posted...
no if it was an IP conflict it wouldn't connect at all, as if there is an IP conflict both devices that have the conflict would immediately be d/c from your network as the router would stop all traffic to those devices until the conflict was resolved. my suggestion still stands try the wired connection to see if that fixes it if it does then it's something going wrong with either your wifi signal from your xbox to your router or your xbox ones wifi isn't working properly. but since you mentioned it started at the same time you got your PS3 I'd bet that's what's causing it. try eliminating your PS3 the problem as well.

jpraelster posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
I assume the TC is talking about in general not just yesterday. Are you wired or wifi tc?

Wifi, and yes its general, its been like this for months.

---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#73TrickyPonyPosted 8/25/2014 2:16:54 PM
casper316 posted...

I had a faulty ethernet switch awhile back that would allow two devices to connect, then would randomly boot one or both devices off so it IS possible to connect with an IP conflict. My solution was solved by buying a new switch although here I would disconnect the PS3 as well and see if that fixes it.
#74CapwnDPosted 8/25/2014 2:18:23 PM
Do you forward ports to any console or computer? Or use DMZ?
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#75casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:26:26 PM
TrickyPony posted...
casper316 posted...

I had a faulty ethernet switch awhile back that would allow two devices to connect, then would randomly boot one or both devices off so it IS possible to connect with an IP conflict. My solution was solved by buying a new switch although here I would disconnect the PS3 as well and see if that fixes it.

really... wow I figured it was built into the routers FW to handle that not the actual ports themselves, as I know actual rack routers do exactly what I said as soon as an IP conflict is detected, both devices are notified of the conflict and all network traffic to those devices was stopped by the router until the conflict was resolved. but I guess the home routers work a bit differently the main infrastructure routers. I worked on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration.
---
#76casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:26:32 PM
TrickyPony posted...
casper316 posted...

really... wow I figured it was built into the routers FW to handle that not the actual ports themselves, as I know actual rack routers do exactly what I said as soon as an IP conflict is detected, both devices are notified of the conflict and all network traffic to those devices was stopped by the router until the conflict was resolved. but I guess the home routers work a bit differently the main infrastructure routers. I worked on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration.
---
#77CapwnDPosted 8/25/2014 2:34:08 PM
casper316 posted...
I worked on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration.

If TC will listen to either (or preferably both) of us, I'm sure we could fix the problem! I don't work on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration, but I do know what the possible problems are!
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#78duericPosted 8/25/2014 2:41:46 PM
CapwnD posted...
casper316 posted...
I worked on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration.

If TC will listen to either (or preferably both) of us, I'm sure we could fix the problem! I don't work on CISCO backbone/infrastructure routers and switches for network administration, but I do know what the possible problems are!

Dude. It's clear this was a backfire troll topic regarding the Live/PSN issues the last couple days.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#79casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:50:57 PM
dueric posted...
CapwnD posted...
casper316 posted...

Dude. It's clear this was a backfire troll topic regarding the Live/PSN issues the last couple days.

really because according to you live was having problems, and there isn't any type of wifi interference, so which one is it?
---
#80duericPosted 8/25/2014 2:56:03 PM
casper316 posted...
dueric posted...
CapwnD posted...
casper316 posted...

really because according to you live was having problems, and there isn't any type of wifi interference, so which one is it?

So do IP conflicts prevent connecting? Figured I'd ask an IT pro.
---