Thinking about changing my gamertag to Lizard Squad

#11GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/25/2014 10:04:47 AM
^^^ Wow talk about bring back memories lol.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#12kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 10:06:49 AM
astutecollie posted...
Nah, they are just small time hackers taking down very vulnerable weak networks like PSN. They will be caught very soon and the whole thing would just be a blip that everyone will forget about. There have been other hacker groups that have done stuff on this scale in the past and you never hear about them anymore because theyre sitting in prison cells.

Whomever attacked the psn before and shut it down for a month or whatever it was did more damage then these guys. Not saying they can't do more damage but this was minor, no security issues with accounts this time. It happens. I would not claim to associate with them after the plane incident though.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#13kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 10:09:16 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/LizardSquad

They claim to be planting an Isis flag on xboxlive ustream now, whatever. I think PS and xbox owners should be on each other's sides here, Its one thing to compare games but nobody wants to be unable to game due to this.
---
#14Joey-ZazaPosted 8/25/2014 10:11:39 AM
I'd love for some people to get arrested for this. Made an example of. Would make my day.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#15Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 10:15:51 AM
astutecollie posted...
Nah, they are just small time hackers taking down very vulnerable weak networks like PSN. They will be caught very soon and the whole thing would just be a blip that everyone will forget about. There have been other hacker groups that have done stuff on this scale in the past and you never hear about them anymore because theyre sitting in prison cells.

I hope so because I saw this over at the IGN boards.

Lizard Squad ‏@LizardSquad 32m
Currently planting flag in XBL's upstream with an AK47 #ISIS #jihad #IS

They should be stopped soon.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#16Joey-ZazaPosted 8/25/2014 10:16:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 10:19:39 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
I'd love for some people to get arrested for this. Made an example of. Would make my day.

They will. I work in the IT field. It's literally impossible to get away with something of this scale and leave no way for the feds to track you down. They will find out who it is.

It doesnt seem like a big deal because they really didnt do much, they just took the network down, no accounts or personal info stolen, but this is definitely still something the FBIs internet crimes division would be all over and Im sure they already are.

I saw this story on MSNBC news before, so you can bet these guys will be caught.
#18Crystyn_7BPosted 8/25/2014 10:27:28 AM
astutecollie posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

They will. I work in the IT field. It's literally impossible to get away with something of this scale and leave no way for the feds to track you down. They will find out who it is.

It doesnt seem like a big deal because they really didnt do much, they just took the network down, no accounts or personal info stolen, but this is definitely still something the FBIs internet crimes division would be all over and Im sure they already are.

I saw this story on MSNBC news before, so you can bet these guys will be caught.

That'd be the case if we didn't live in a global world where the FBI is way out of jurisdiction.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#19kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 10:50:20 AM(edited)
Btw it amazes me how little modding gets done in here lol, I didn't click to mod this topic but this is so off topic.
---
#20MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/25/2014 11:29:27 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Btw it amazes me how little modding gets done in here lol, I didn't click to mod this topic but this is so off topic.

Why mod anything? It's a board full of satirical trolls.

You really think anyone cares about this wonderful, super awesome, innovative, welcome to the future-system?
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.