Will we see another Ace Combat game this generation?

#1BiggyDXPosted 8/25/2014 10:56:52 AM
Bandai's been pretty hush on the series, and some fans of the franchise felt disinfranchised due to Ace Combat: Assault Horizon taking a more arcade approach; rather than being a simulator. I actually really like the series, even though I only started with AC5 (which I still think is the best one).
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#2Pixx0Posted 8/25/2014 10:59:33 AM
BiggyDX posted...
rather than being a simulator..

are you high? Do you even know what a flight sim is ( shiort answer, no you don't)? AC has been an arcade fighter game since AC1, and with every single release.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#3BiggyDX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 11:08:03 AM
Pixx0 posted...
BiggyDX posted...
rather than being a simulator..

are you high? Do you even know what a flight sim is ( shiort answer, no you don't)? AC has been an arcade fighter game since AC1, and with every single release.

Will yes, it does still have some arcade elements to it. I think the better way of saying it is that people preferred the more realistic handling of dogfights instead of the flashy engagements Assault Horizon had to offer. I honestly thought the game was fine myself, and was just a different departure from the series (hell, it wasn't even numbered).
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#4kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 11:16:11 AM
They actually made a free to play ace combat last year on ps3 only. I got tired of waiting on it downloading and canceled it lol. I'd love a new one but who knows. I bet it's exclusive and free to play on PS though.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#5Pixx0Posted 8/25/2014 11:17:20 AM
"it does have some arcade elements"

when you play a game where you can pilot a fighter carrying over 100 missiles, it's NOT a sim.

so, just so you get it right, the WHOLE AC serie is an arcade game, from 1 to the latest infinity. There's NO sim element in it. none. It's like calling Ridge racer, a racing sim -_- ...
The closest airplane sim you can find on consoles would be IL2 Sturmovik.

As for ACAH, it's (again), an arcade fighter, just a bad one (the one on 3ds was much better and played like "old" episodes). And what you call "arcade" gimmicks, they are QTEs (triggering a new gameplay phase).

I get now what you're saying ( and which I totally agree with), but you're mixing everything. Infinity is a cash machine which plays like first games but has very limited content... not sure if we'll ever get another decent AC game.
---
#6Meltdown611186Posted 8/25/2014 11:26:25 AM
Feel like people are missing the point of TC.Assault Horizon was a bit of a departure from the series. Would love to see a new one. Great series..loved them all. Assauly Horizon controls were odd and the fact it advertised itself as call of duty in the air explains why it departed so much.
#7Pixx0Posted 8/27/2014 7:40:18 AM
Bumping for this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242130/

cell shaded...but its genes clearly show some AC. PC only for now though...and beta.
Some indie stuff is coming to consoles, so maybe you have your chance for another AC game (clone) coming to Xbone, who knows.
---
#8TrickyPonyPosted 8/27/2014 10:46:18 AM
I'm all for this game, I don't think I've ever flown an F-35 and the PakFA and J-20 could be added to this.

In response to the TC it's always been an arcade game with just a hint of sim, not the other way around. The only simmish parts being the landing and taking off and pretty convincing flight physics.
#9yamato6945Posted 8/27/2014 1:22:19 PM
They have a new one on PSN free to play and download and it goes back to the original style like previous ace combat's it's great
---
Fanboy's are the death of gaming
#10potatodoodPosted 8/27/2014 1:42:22 PM
No offense, as much as I love the series, they kind of killed it off by putting AC6 on the 360 only, then compounded it by changing the formula to assault horizon that got a mixed reception (personally I didn't like it). I'm not sure how the F2P is doing, but I'm not expecting them anymore. I'm a little sad, but its kind of the fault of namco and project aces for those dumb decisions