Saw a Day One Edition at Walmart yesterday.

#1SwiftXZPosted 8/25/2014 11:18:55 AM
Thought it was interesting, if you've followed my posts you'll see I'm no troll, or you can look me up through my gamer tag. I just found it odd that it was still there, not sure if it had been returned or anything but the box had looked a little dingy. Anyone else still see these around?
---
GT:SwiftXZ
American. So now you can hate me because of stereotypes and where geographical location. Genius.
#2astutecolliePosted 8/25/2014 11:21:55 AM(edited)
No but this isnt uncommon. Sometimes these things just popup here and there if they were misplaced or whatever, it happens.

Remember when they discontinued the 60gb BC PS3 and it was highly coveted, hard to find? I found one at a Target about 6 months later when they were going for like a grand on ebay. Couldnt believe it, and I still have it.
#3GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/25/2014 11:26:31 AM
You should of took a picture of it so it's more believable.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/25/2014 11:28:17 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408991272&sr=8-1&keywords=day+one+xbox+one

Day 1 edition sold by Amazon
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#5Gillian SeedPosted 8/25/2014 11:34:01 AM
Well, you have to figure ever since March whatever Day Ones are still out there they are going to have a hard time being sold. Why would you buy a Day One edition when the Titanfall edition came with a free game? A couple months later the Kinect-less Xbox One came out. Anyone who doesn't care about Kinect have no reason to pay $100 more for a Day One edition. And now there are going to be Madden, Call of Duty, and Sunset Overdrive bundles.

It seems pretty natural for unsold Day Ones to remain unsold. For about half a year there have been better packages.
#6kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 11:36:00 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a return or something odd knowing how Wal-Mart works. I won wwe 2K14 from amazon and returned it to Wal-Mart with no receipt for $40.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#7SwiftXZ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 11:37:13 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...

Good point, I should have, but I guess I didn't really care about my believability, and I still don't. (but alas this is the internet)

Gillian Seed posted...
Well, you have to figure ever since March whatever Day Ones are still out there they are going to have a hard time being sold. Why would you buy a Day One edition when the Titanfall edition came with a free game? A couple months later the Kinect-less Xbox One came out. Anyone who doesn't care about Kinect have no reason to pay $100 more for a Day One edition. And now there are going to be Madden, Call of Duty, and Sunset Overdrive bundles.

It seems pretty natural for unsold Day Ones to remain unsold. For about half a year there have been better packages.

Very true.
---
American. So now you can hate me because of stereotypes and where geographical location. Genius.
#8oldhbk76Posted 8/25/2014 11:51:16 AM
Why can't I ever find rare stuff like this, I would of jumped on that if I saw that
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/25/2014 11:53:07 AM
oldhbk76 posted...
Why can't I ever find rare stuff like this, I would of jumped on that if I saw that

Just buy it from Amazon and post proof of you buying it
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#10SwiftXZ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 11:53:18 AM
oldhbk76 posted...

I was tempted, if I didn't already have an X1 I would've certainly bought it, I even looked at its resell value, but its basically the same.
---
American. So now you can hate me because of stereotypes and my geographical location. Genius.