Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?
11 months ago#1
I suspect that it won't, and that instead, we will see large DLC packages offered every 3 months or so for the duration of the current console generation.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
11 months ago#2
Well Halo 3 had DLC for like 2+ full years after it was released but eventually there was Reach.

Hopefully Destiny follows that trend and Bungie doesn't sell out and deliver next to nothing for DLC.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
11 months ago#3
I thought they said they plan on releasing a Destiny sequel every couple of years for the next 10 years
11 months ago#4
It's already in the works.

I thought this was a site for gamers.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
11 months ago#5
Chances are, we probably won't see a sequel to it till 2017.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
11 months ago#6
Wouldn't that depend on how the game ends and how well it actually sells when released?
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
11 months ago#7
I'm guessing within the 10-year period, we'll see 3 Destiny games, each with 2 paid-for DLC/expansions and a number of free content patches.

I'm almost 100% they said that sequels are part of the development plan, but I can't look it up right now.
11 months ago#8
They said there will likely be sequels:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destiny-will-likely-have-sequels-and-your-character-will-carry-over

But your character will carry over.

So is that really a sequel, or is it just an expansion pack?
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
11 months ago#9
no, because its a video game and sequels don't get made for those. ever.
---
GT: DonShetland
11 months ago#10
Its published by Activision. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new Destiny every year. By the end of this console cycle, there will be 8 different Destinys on one console.
---
hey foo
hey foo
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived