Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?
2 years ago#1
I suspect that it won't, and that instead, we will see large DLC packages offered every 3 months or so for the duration of the current console generation.
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
2 years ago#2
Well Halo 3 had DLC for like 2+ full years after it was released but eventually there was Reach.

Hopefully Destiny follows that trend and Bungie doesn't sell out and deliver next to nothing for DLC.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
2 years ago#3
I thought they said they plan on releasing a Destiny sequel every couple of years for the next 10 years
2 years ago#4
It's already in the works.

I thought this was a site for gamers.
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
2 years ago#5
Chances are, we probably won't see a sequel to it till 2017.
Gamertag: Biggy DX
2 years ago#6
Wouldn't that depend on how the game ends and how well it actually sells when released?
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
2 years ago#7
I'm guessing within the 10-year period, we'll see 3 Destiny games, each with 2 paid-for DLC/expansions and a number of free content patches.

I'm almost 100% they said that sequels are part of the development plan, but I can't look it up right now.
2 years ago#8
They said there will likely be sequels:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destiny-will-likely-have-sequels-and-your-character-will-carry-over

But your character will carry over.

So is that really a sequel, or is it just an expansion pack?
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
2 years ago#9
no, because its a video game and sequels don't get made for those. ever.
GT: DonShetland
2 years ago#10
Its published by Activision. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new Destiny every year. By the end of this console cycle, there will be 8 different Destinys on one console.
hey foo
hey foo
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do You Think Destiny Will Ever Get a Sequel?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived