Are you picking up Madden 15 tomorrow?

#1IceHuskyPosted 8/25/2014 11:34:14 AM(edited)
I just reserved this game today from all of the good impressions people are posting about Madden 15's 6-hour "demo" Xbox One owners have been playing. I haven't played a football videogame probably since before EA created a monopoly with football videogames by buying the rights to the NFL gaming market. I hope it lives up the hype. I can't wait to play as my San Diego Chargers come tomorrow. :D

On a side note: I really miss the Joe Montana Football videogame franchise. I wish his name was a name that lasted over the years in football videogames since he was an all-time great in the NFL, just like John Madden was. IMHO, the Joe Montana football games were a lot better than the Madden football games back in the day, and a lot more accessible for the average gamer. Thankfully, it is one game I own on my Sega Genesis collection and one I still play from time-to-time. So many great memories from that game back in my teens years. :)
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/25/2014 11:32:27 AM
Madden players stopped playing Madden years ago. But I'll buy it just to support Microsoft's Xbox One.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3Foreman22Posted 8/25/2014 11:38:17 AM
The game is really an improvement. The defense is improved. You will be challenged this year.
---
They have eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 8/25/2014 11:38:20 AM
Naw, I am all set. I don't hate Madden, but I also don't really care for it either.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting though. Finishing up Diablo 3 and buying Metro Redux, TellTale TWD season 2 ep. 5 and the Dark Souls 2 DLC. Too much to play.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58RSC7HO9aU - Action Bronson - Rap Video of the Year.
I notice when Diablo 3's frame rate drops from 60 to 58 on the Xbox One.
#5JohnWall32Posted 8/25/2014 11:40:24 AM
yes. I've been hearing good things about the game this year too...can't wait.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#6kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 11:40:55 AM
I enjoyed nfl football 95 I believe but I never quit playing tecmo bowl. I was going to stick to Madden 25 on ea access but I admit, I splurged. The demo , won me over, its a much better game then 25. I reserved it yesterday. Canceled my Forza Horizon 2 reserve (still buying it but I want it digital). I will probably sell Madden 15 by November knowing me lol.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#7Massillon_GPosted 8/25/2014 11:43:14 AM
Going to grab it Thursday. Only played a couple games with my brother but we enjoyed it.
---
GT: MGG 9000
NNID: Massillon
#8duericPosted 8/25/2014 11:44:30 AM
I'm gunna wait until next year and get it free with EA Access.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/25/2014 11:44:47 AM
Nope, but I will play the Madden demo and Madden 25 on EA Access eventually.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#10IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 11:48:48 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
I enjoyed nfl football 95 I believe but I never quit playing tecmo bowl. I was going to stick to Madden 25 on ea access but I admit, I splurged. The demo , won me over, its a much better game then 25. I reserved it yesterday. Canceled my Forza Horizon 2 reserve (still buying it but I want it digital). I will probably sell Madden 15 by November knowing me lol.

Ironically, I don't remember playing much of NFL football 95. I did own Joe Montana football and Joe Montana football II: Sport's Talk football, but I think by the time Joe Montana NFL football 95 came out, I had already moved onto the Sony Playstation since it released the same year. I need to buy it for my collection though since I really enjoyed the series and Joe Montana was such an integral football player for me during my teen years. Yeah, Tecmo Bowl was sick too. I currently own a copy for my SNES. ;)

On another note: I really wish football videogame are as simple to get into today as they were back during the Genesis and SNES days. Sometimes modern sport's games get so bogged down with all of this side stuff (e.g., Dynasty Mode, Training, Create a Team, etc), that trying to play a simple game of football in a video game gets really complicated. It would be great to play a Madden today without all of the extraneous features, but with the amazing graphics and gameplay that this new one has. I just want to start up a game right away and not have to sift through all of the menus to start a game. lol
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004