Downloaded Games Question

#1killtacular30Posted 8/25/2014 1:59:17 PM
A guy is selling his Xbox One console and said it has Forza 5 downloaded to it but he deleted his gamer tag from the console before he sell the console...

Will I still be able to access the game? I know other people that use the same console can but does that still work with the person that bought and downloaded the game deleted his account/gamer tag?
#2MurryEB_Alt1Posted 8/25/2014 2:12:55 PM
Yes, as long as that console is his GTs Home console, his GT doesn't need to be on it.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#3killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 2:21:07 PM
He told me he deleted his gamer tag but didn't delete Forza 5... So if I buy the console would I be able to access Forza 5?
#4killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 2:26:36 PM
How do you know the console is his GTs Home console? Like say if he gets another console later on want I loss access to Forza 5? Or can't he go to a friends house and sign in with his gamer tag and still be able to access Forza 5?
#5casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:31:47 PM
killtacular30 posted...
How do you know the console is his GTs Home console? Like say if he gets another console later on want I loss access to Forza 5? Or can't he go to a friends house and sign in with his gamer tag and still be able to access Forza 5?

if he buys another xbox one and makes that one his home console you will lose Forza 5 yes.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#6kennyynnooPosted 8/25/2014 2:34:50 PM
Just tell him to knock $30 off, that's what forza runs for now r wait for black Friday deals.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#7killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 2:35:12 PM
I thought you had to also have the gamer tag to access digital games you downloaded? I thought digital games or digital content items were tied to your gamer tag? So couldn't you play the digital games on any console by signing with the gamer tag?
#8casper316Posted 8/25/2014 2:45:36 PM
killtacular30 posted...
I thought you had to also have the gamer tag to access digital games you downloaded? I thought digital games or digital content items were tied to your gamer tag? So couldn't you play the digital games on any console by signing with the gamer tag?

yes and no to that... if you take say your games on an external HDD over to your friends house only your account would have access to the games if your account isn't online playing from his xbox, but as long as they are on the console they where originally purchased on, I.E. the HOME console now which MS is letting us change that that console and any accounts on that console has access to those games. it works kinda like it does on the 360.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#9killtacular30(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 2:50:13 PM
OK but what if the guy that sells me the console buy a new console later on or signs in at a friends house won't I lose access to them...

Won't that be to taking a risk on the digital game?
#10CapwnDPosted 8/25/2014 2:55:57 PM(edited)
I would say It works exactly like the 360, or that the end result is exactly like 360. Difference is, you can just say "Home" console and all the licenses are attached to that home console. (not literally "say" home console)

And if you take your GT to a friends house, you can log in and as long as you're logged in, anybody on that friend's console can use the game. Just like 360!

*edit: actually there are some differences besides that, but for all intents and purposes it's the same
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!