Is it really a big deal for the frame rate to drop in the 50s for 1080p?

#1DepreceV2Posted 8/25/2014 3:45:20 PM
I mean... 50+ FPS is still really good right? Hell Destiny is 30 FPS and I'm OK with that. (I heard it was 30) So what's the big deal with the frame rate dropping a little to max out the graphical capabilities? Would people even notice without someone telling them first?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#2blacklabelicePosted 8/25/2014 3:49:04 PM
depends if its noticeable or slows your game down when youre trying to play, and you feel like the hiccups and stutters.

otherwise its no big issue. i prefer a steady framerate over resolutions in most games anyways but to each their own
#3DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 3:51:13 PM
blacklabelice posted...
depends if its noticeable or slows your game down when youre trying to play, and you feel like the hiccups and stutters.

otherwise its no big issue. i prefer a steady framerate over resolutions in most games anyways but to each their own

I'm not a picky guy myself. I'll take 900p with 60 fps or the other way around. It's whatever. I'm just curious.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#4BjornAgainstPosted 8/25/2014 3:53:10 PM
If they can not achieve a stable 60 then it is usually better to lock it at 30 and ensure it never drops below that than to have an inconsistant 60 that has frequent frame rate drops.
#5quincy2000aPosted 8/25/2014 3:55:27 PM
Personal preference--on exclusives , I don't care.

On multiplats, it's a big enough deal for me to buy the game on the system that performs better.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#6archibald3Posted 8/25/2014 4:09:57 PM
No
#7kingofjamaicaPosted 8/25/2014 4:17:41 PM
Depends on how indicative the test was. Since this is clearly about Diablo III, it appears DF went really lazy with the testing, only testing single-player on a Barbarian, and only in Acts I and II.

Let me know how the game runs with four Wizards on screen throwing out spells in a rift.

If it truly only ever dips to the low 50s, that depends on how often it does it, and how far the jumps are each time. Even 50fps can cause a lot of stuttering issues.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#8ghstbstrPosted 8/25/2014 4:21:45 PM
I don't notice any differences and fps drops unless it below 20fps, and that's for most people as well. People are just picky over nothing for things like 900p or 1080p or 30fps or 60fps, because they think that they are getting something better for their money when it really doesn't matter since it isn't even noticeable.
---
---
Aliens(1986)... Best movie quote ever...
Pvt. Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the f*** are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?
#9Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/25/2014 4:52:30 PM
archibald3 posted...
No

---
hey foo
hey foo
#10dnmtPosted 8/25/2014 5:05:43 PM
archibald3 posted...
No

Not what you were saying when TR:DE came out I'm sure.