Does 1080p really matter?

#1Nightshift1983Posted 8/25/2014 3:53:55 PM
Because I love the new xbox controller but I've seen on some site that most xbox one games aren't 1080p. What does more progressive lines do or mean?
---
The glass is half empty.
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/25/2014 3:56:29 PM
Nightshift1983 posted...
Because I love the new xbox controller but I've seen on some site that most xbox one games aren't 1080p. What does more progressive lines do or mean?

It makes games fun. without those extra lines the games are completely unplayable.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#3kyncaniPosted 8/25/2014 3:58:08 PM
It means better resolution.
#4Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/25/2014 3:58:50 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Nightshift1983 posted...

It makes games fun. without those extra lines the games are completely unplayable.

He's right. P is the rating system of funness for a particular game. P = Phun rating. Phun is an alternate spelling of fun. 1080p means that a game has a Phun rating of 1080. The higher the rating, the better.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 8/25/2014 4:08:59 PM
it means a better image. Stuff like designs on clothing, posters/signs on walls, environments look better. When things are in motion or action is high it really doesn't matter. However I like to look around in games to kinda take things in and see the little things the devs put in. Someone had the job of designing that pile of books on the floor or that futurey sciencey panel readout, someone might as well enjoy it.

1080p is also given the label "full HD." A lot of people have 1080p screens and want to know they are getting full use of it.
Just to put it out there:
360 or below: Standard Definition
480: Enhanced Definition
720: High Definition
1080: Full/True High Definition
4k: Super High Definition

When it comes to things in motion however I prefer stable framerates over resolution. 30fps locked or 60fps with an actual range of 50-60fps are where things are good. If a game running at 30fps drops to 25 it is kinda annoying and with the current consoles 30fps should be a breeze. 60fps is a bit more iffy and it wont be noticeable until it drops to the 40s.
---
Nintendo has some awesome games and a bunch of top notch third party exclusives. Too bad Nintendo doesn't have cool games or third party support.
-The Internet
#6youngskillzPosted 8/25/2014 6:25:20 PM
1080p doesn't matter, even 720p is good enough this gen.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Godsire, Allegaeon.
#7quincy2000aPosted 8/25/2014 6:42:06 PM
Only you can decide what is good enough for you. Maybe you're like many of the people here and you can't see a difference.

But I know I can. That's why I bought a 60" HDTV.

Personally, if it's a multiplat, I'm getting it on the system that presents it best--and if one system can do 1080p, anything less isn't worth my purchase since I purchased both systems.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
#8oldhbk76Posted 8/25/2014 6:44:28 PM
No, games matter
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76 PSN:steelwolv76
#9leatheljPosted 8/25/2014 6:54:36 PM
No tc it dosent really matter don't get caught up with the fanboy resoultion wars. Just buy the games you like and want to play and have fun that's what gameing is about sadly many have forgotton that.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#10plus1zeroPosted 8/25/2014 7:09:06 PM
To the 13 year olds on this board, you bet it does. So much so they feel superior that they have boring games (Killzone) that are beautiful to play.

I have both, still buy multiplats on xbox one. Ps4 is exclusives alone.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.