• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I can't wait to have a console that can do 120 FPs and 4K

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 years ago#11
InninXI posted...
Xbox now will do that when devs start using the eSRAM better and DX12, not to mention the cloud.

lets not forget that 10% improvement after abandoning kinect.

its soon to be a lean mean 4k gaming machine!

User Info: TrueBlue91

TrueBlue91
2 years ago#12
NEVER going to happen. Even if they make a console more powerful than every PC on Earth COMBINED, devs will still focus on TEH PRETTIES and the highest poly count and fidelity etc and neglect 60FPS.
Pour grammer annoy's me

User Info: schmarkenheimer

schmarkenheimer
2 years ago#13
Maybe gen 10 consoles (PS6/Xbox Three (?)). Considering not all games are 1080/60 this gen and assuming they can get 1600x900 by the end as a minimum 2019/2020 will be far too soon for it. I wouldn't expect to see new consoles before 2018, but no later than 2020 - 2020 will tie in nicely with those bad marketing slogans "a new decade, a new way to play" or something terrible. So I'd expect 1080p minimum for PS5/X2, probably 2560x1440 or maybe 3200x1800 with a few less demanding games to be 4k.

Then the gen after to be 4k. *Hopefully., although they won't do 120fps. No way devs will do that. Gen 11 (assuming they're still going that is) should be legitimately powerful enough to do incredibly high fidelity 4k/120, assuming it's around 2030 release. Then again, that's just assuming scaling will continue to happen like now, 7/5nm limits should have been reached by then and you can't scale more unless you go bigger which won't happen (the thought of 1000mm2 chips lol).
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12

User Info: RuinerEraser

RuinerEraser
2 years ago#14
I can wait...infact I can wait about another 8 years or so.
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
2 years ago#15
Pretty sure that the Xbox One is powerful enough to render a Pong clone in 4k 120fps.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I can't wait to have a console that can do 120 FPs and 4K

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived