To people who dislike Assassin's Creed "yearly release"

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/25/2014 7:42:39 PM
Releasing a game a year, and making a game a year are 2 different things. They have an army of developers for these games, and they aren't "made every year"...seems to be a great misconception.

Assassin's Creed: Unity began development in 2010 as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood wrapped up development. Ubisoft's Montreal-based team, in conjunction with nine other studios from Toronto, Kiev, Singapore, Shanghai, Annecy, Montpellier, Bucharest, Quebec and Chengdu are working on the completion of the game.
---
We're playin' those mind games together
Pushin' the barriers, plantin' seeds
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 8/25/2014 7:47:20 PM
I don't care that it's an annual release title, I just find the gameplay repetitive and boring. It's a shame, too. The overall mythos and story arc they've created is quite intriguing. :(
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#3darkness1018Posted 8/25/2014 7:48:56 PM
I love the series so the yearly release is great for me. I even get 2 this yr. If people don't like it though, that's fine.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
#4WiiareVenomPosted 8/25/2014 8:08:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5googlerPosted 8/25/2014 9:33:32 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Releasing a game a year, and making a game a year are 2 different things. They have an army of developers for these games, and they aren't "made every year"...seems to be a great misconception.

Assassin's Creed: Unity began development in 2010 as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood wrapped up development. Ubisoft's Montreal-based team, in conjunction with nine other studios from Toronto, Kiev, Singapore, Shanghai, Annecy, Montpellier, Bucharest, Quebec and Chengdu are working on the completion of the game.

Who cares. One a year is really starting to tire people, let alone two now.
#6AltiarLioPosted 8/25/2014 9:55:47 PM
darkness1018 posted...
I love the series so the yearly release is great for me. I even get 2 this yr. If people don't like it though, that's fine.

---
http://instagram.com/tyronelio# ; You'll Never Walk Alone.
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#7vashkeyPosted 8/25/2014 10:24:23 PM
The point is more in the fact that they're peddling these games out so frequently, not really about how long they spent making it. When an Assassin's Creed game is coming out every year it becomes less exciting and interesting to play one and the changes start to become incremental.
#8darkness1018Posted 8/25/2014 11:15:54 PM
googler posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Who cares. One a year is really starting to tire people, let alone two now.

What about the fans like me who love the series? I know plenty of people who are excited to have 2 new AC games year, me included.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
#9SoulTrapperPosted 8/26/2014 12:12:36 AM
The issue with these yearly releases, is that it will start getting repetitive much faster.

It's the same thing Activision does and it will work for a couple of years, but eventually it will run the series into the ground.

That said, AC is one of the series I quite enjoy and one of the few games with yearly releases that I'm pretty much always interested in.
So so far, I don't mind it. But I can see why people don't like the yearly releases.
#10LanternOfAshPosted 8/26/2014 2:09:57 AM
Yep, I don't have time to play an AC every year. Now, if it came out every two at most, I'd be much more willing to find time. But as of right now there's a new one coming out right after I finally got done with the last one, and that's beyond annoying.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!