To people who dislike Assassin's Creed "yearly release"

#11violentdissmayPosted 8/26/2014 4:27:15 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Releasing a game a year, and making a game a year are 2 different things. They have an army of developers for these games, and they aren't "made every year"...seems to be a great misconception.

Assassin's Creed: Unity began development in 2010 as Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood wrapped up development. Ubisoft's Montreal-based team, in conjunction with nine other studios from Toronto, Kiev, Singapore, Shanghai, Annecy, Montpellier, Bucharest, Quebec and Chengdu are working on the completion of the game.

It just seems like a shame to me to have so many developers and teams working on one series when they could have those teams working on different ips.
AC may not be quite there yet but think of how sick people are of CoD, it will happen to AC too if they overdo it
---
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender
#12stretch126Posted 8/26/2014 6:20:23 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I don't care that it's an annual release title, I just find the gameplay repetitive and boring. It's a shame, too. The overall mythos and story arc they've created is quite intriguing. :(

Unity looks like theyve changed up movement so thats good, I just hope their talk about combat being better is true.
#13L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/26/2014 6:25:05 AM
TC are you suggesting that gamers are dumb enough to think that because a franchise gets an entry each year that the devs are cranking these out with less than 12 months development between them?

Even if that were true it has nothing to do with development time and everything to do with something called franchise fatigue. People will eventually tire of paying for and playing for whats more or less the same thing each year.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#14Jiggy101011Posted 8/26/2014 6:42:08 AM
The yearly release I'm fine with because of the amount of detail they put into these locations. The free running system looks like it is better, we no longer have to look out for that hay bale before a jump. The combat has improved IMO compared to past AC games.

However because they are now yearly releases the future storyline is pretty terrible and doesn't make any sense. I dont mind the Assassins Vs Templars storyline, but they really need to figure out what they are doing with the future setting. Every year Call of Duty has a brand new campaign with a new character, the problem with AC is they have to somehow tie it all together and because of that there are many plot holes that come up.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#15Reflex-ArcPosted 8/26/2014 7:23:25 AM
stretch126 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
I don't care that it's an annual release title, I just find the gameplay repetitive and boring. It's a shame, too. The overall mythos and story arc they've created is quite intriguing. :(

Unity looks like theyve changed up movement so thats good, I just hope their talk about combat being better is true.

These changes, and more variety in mission type, could bring me back to the series. I couldn't even be bothered to finish Brotherhood, and I haven't even been tempted to come back to the series since.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#16carljenkPosted 8/26/2014 7:24:47 AM
I'm totally fine with everything Ubisoft does except for their DRM and microtransaction BS
#17squonPosted 8/26/2014 7:35:06 AM
AC used to be fun but i got burnt out when Revelations came out.

Now with the yearly releases, i have no interest in the series anymore, thanks Ubisoft.
#18Perfect LightPosted 8/26/2014 8:03:17 AM
I enjoy the AC games so a yearly release is fine for me, but I do kinda wish they'd give it a year off. Realistically, though, I know it will never happen. They make way too much money.
---
Playing: The Bureau XCOM Declassified
Waiting: Grand Theft Auto V, Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight
#19boolzeroPosted 8/26/2014 8:22:41 AM(edited)
Jiggy101011 posted...
The yearly release I'm fine with because of the amount of detail they put into these locations. The free running system looks like it is better, we no longer have to look out for that hay bale before a jump. The combat has improved IMO compared to past AC games.

However because they are now yearly releases the future storyline is pretty terrible and doesn't make any sense. I dont mind the Assassins Vs Templars storyline, but they really need to figure out what they are doing with the future setting. Every year Call of Duty has a brand new campaign with a new character, the problem with AC is they have to somehow tie it all together and because of that there are many plot holes that come up.

This has been my experience as well. I loved the way the story was actually leading somewhere between AC 1 & 2 but after AC3 and it's iffy resolution of that story arc and then leading into AC4 it's become quite a mess to follow or rather hard to care for the story since it feels somewhat like a very indifferent story being told.

My other issue is that the series seems stuck in a historical rut of being placed in the box of a serveral hundred year window with only incremental gameplay changes and mostly fine tuning to the formula rather than evolution and progression. The jump from the American Revolution to the French Revolution is only about a few years between the end of one and the start of the other. Basically AC III, IV and unity take place within the same 100 year period. Let's move forward already, shall we. I have also been waiting for the games timeline to move forward instead of hovering around the same century.

I would love an Assassins Creed that takes place in the early 1900's of New York, perhaps weave historical fiction into the Great Wall Street crash, dealing with more modern architecture, vehicles, assassination gadgets and such. Another perhaps revolving around the Kennedy Assassination. Eventually I would love for the story not be told through the Animus but rather be a current time (as per the games world) Assassin Creed story with modern or near future trappings and mechanics to deal with. I don't know. I'm just kind of tired of the era they have been hovering around lately. It makes the games feel very copy and paste with just a window dressing change in the decor of the timelines theme, especially when you are releasing a game every year and when the past three are confined within the same century.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#202ndAtomiskPosted 8/26/2014 9:05:45 AM
vashkey posted...
The point is more in the fact that they're peddling these games out so frequently, not really about how long they spent making it. When an Assassin's Creed game is coming out every year it becomes less exciting and interesting to play one and the changes start to become incremental.

This really. Why do you think people get so excited when a new GTA is announced?
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif