Best/worst era of gaming?

#1SignalMyMiseryyPosted 8/26/2014 12:18:19 AM
i seen this topic on the wiiu boards and liked it a lot. What do you guys think?
Best: 6th gen (xbox, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast)
Worst: this gen (xbox one, ps4, wiiu)

Though I think 6th gen was the best.. I still think the xbox 360 was the greatest game system ever created.
#2Jedi454Posted 8/26/2014 12:20:30 AM
Worst - 1st gen bro, games were just experiments back then and they hold up horribly now, where as any gen past that you can pick up a game and have fun with it for at least a few hours.
#3Charity_DiaryPosted 8/26/2014 12:21:27 AM
SignalMyMiseryy posted...

I agree with this
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#4nickoman33Posted 8/26/2014 12:21:30 AM
best, definitely the ps2/xbox/gc era

worst? dunno, all had some pretty bad moments, though last gen had quite a bit, mainly with how dumbed a lot of franchises became and the overabundance of dlc.
#5MK_GodPosted 8/26/2014 12:23:37 AM
I feel nostalgia will influence this heavily. gaming in general struck a golden time during ps2 days. No doubt most will say 6th being the best. With 7th being second best.
#6slowdog76Posted 8/26/2014 12:26:57 AM
worst def gen 1. i was there. pong. ugh.

best is tricky. i think more generations have been hit rather than miss. i was going to say gen 5, but honestly, looking back, it has to be last gen. it was the first gen where every company released a really excellent system with excellent games and everything sold by the bucketload. and, for an assortment of changing reasons over the course of it, i was able to partake and enjoy it far more than i ever have previous ones
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#7lunaticcorePosted 8/26/2014 12:28:35 AM
There was a few years there where everybody was trying to bring out the next big console,after the Snes and Genesis. Stuff kept popping up and not getting real support or being terrible. Consoles like the 3DO, Cdi, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Virtual Boy, and Atari Jaguar.

During this time is when I took my longest break from gaming and didn't come back til a few years after Playstation was out. I loved my Sega Cd, and had some great games on it, but I took a good chunk of time off between Lunar 2 and Final Fantasy VII.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#8elbarto1Posted 8/26/2014 12:43:40 AM
Best. 4th gen.
Worst. 5th gen.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#9mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/26/2014 1:51:35 AM
SignalMyMiseryy posted...
i seen this topic on the wiiu boards and liked it a lot. What do you guys think?

Though I think 6th gen was the best.. I still think the xbox 360 was the greatest game system ever created.

The greatest system ever created is plagued with RROD?

I myself nominate Dreamcast as the best system ever created. For the best gen I choose 5th gen since back then I have all the time in the world to play games.
#10DirkMcGurkinPosted 8/26/2014 1:55:53 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Worst - 1st gen bro, games were just experiments back then and they hold up horribly now, where as any gen past that you can pick up a game and have fun with it for at least a few hours.

---
Gamertag : Dirk McGurkin