Best/worst era of gaming?

#11Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/26/2014 3:05:17 AM
inb4 someone mentions nostalgia even though older games you've never played before are still better than new ones

Oh damn, too late.

Oh well, according to the countless polls we've had instead of silly topics like this were no one bothers to even count, the top 3 will always end up being.

1. 6th gen (PS2)
2. 4th gen (SNES)
3. 5th gen (PS1)
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#12leelee3105Posted 8/26/2014 3:29:33 AM(edited)
mygoodluckcharm posted...
SignalMyMiseryy posted...
i seen this topic on the wiiu boards and liked it a lot. What do you guys think?
Best: 6th gen (xbox, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast)
Worst: this gen (xbox one, ps4, wiiu)

Though I think 6th gen was the best.. I still think the xbox 360 was the greatest game system ever created.

The greatest system ever created is plagued with RROD?

I myself nominate Dreamcast as the best system ever created. For the best gen I choose 5th gen since back then I have all the time in the world to play games.

I second that. 360 GOAT when it comes to consoles. SNES #2 dreamcast was like a hipster console. had some good games, but that controller was inexcusable. the OG xbox pretty much copied it too. yikes!!!
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#13PS4alwaysPosted 8/26/2014 3:35:48 AM
Best - 1980's. Sure the graphics were bad but the diversity of games was fantastic. Systems weren't swamped by the same old fps/shooters. The pure array of games was amazing.

Worst - today. I'm not attacking any particular system here but this 'so-called' next gen is a huge let down, so many poor games, recycled fps/shooter games, very little diversity of games. Games ruined by DLC etc etc etc.
#14BDJaycePosted 8/26/2014 3:45:15 AM
I prefer the 'era' of gaming from the NES to the PS2/Xbox. It was around that time that things started to turn to crap and games started to get more and more boring as time progressed. It's all flash and no substance these days.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#15blacklabelicePosted 8/26/2014 3:53:30 AM
the mega man era!!!
#16TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 4:00:55 AM
i seen this topic on the wiiu boards and liked it a lot. What do you guys think?
Hugely agree with this...

Though I think 6th gen was the best.. I still think the xbox 360 was the greatest game system ever created.

But THIS? 360 was a contender for one of the WORST systems in recent history (last 15 years or so)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#17blacklabelicePosted 8/26/2014 4:20:05 AM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...

But THIS? 360 was a contender for one of the WORST systems in recent history (last 15 years or so)

just why do you think that? just wondering.

imo it was one of the best. it had the most functionality, tonnes of games, and an awesome controller.

aside from the RROD fiasco of course. im on my 4th 360 console now, and i wouldnt have even bothered with it anymore if i wasnt enjoying it as much as i was, and still am.
#18TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 4:21:33 AM(edited)
blacklabelice posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

just why do you think that?

RROD, atrocious exclusive library, popularized the objectively dumb-as-**** anaolgue stick placement, popularized COD (on console at least) and endless FPS releases, popularized DLC, popularized paying for online play, etc.

Nothing good came from this thing except maybe its Halo games which are always pretty good.

EDIT - And I'm not being snarky to you or anything, don't get the wrong idea.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#19blacklabelicePosted 8/26/2014 4:29:34 AM
well i can agree with that to some extent though none of it ever bothered me

i still love the controller more than any other console i have. ive burned through a good 6 or 7 of them though before investing in $5 thumb grips and deciding to no longer throw them into my wall in a rage after a bunch of epic ridiculousness occurs in an online hockey game and stuff.
#20youngskillzPosted 8/26/2014 4:32:28 AM
9th or 10th gen is the best.

worst was almost everything pre-nes.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Godsire, Allegaeon.