Best/worst era of gaming?

#21TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 3:36:19 AM
blacklabelice posted...
well i can agree with that to some extent though none of it ever bothered me

i still love the controller more than any other console i have. ive burned through a good 6 or 7 of them though before investing in $5 thumb grips and deciding to no longer throw them into my wall in a rage after a bunch of epic ridiculousness occurs in an online hockey game and stuff.

Honestly, I do think the 360 controller was good overall but the quality was low, for instance they usually get a really bad "wandering stick" problem after a year or so. Every single person I know with a 360 has the problem. And the battery pack thing... ugh.

Ever use the Gamecube controller? That was pretty damn good. Though the C-stick sucked.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#22BansDontWorkPosted 8/26/2014 3:38:03 AM
You should do this thread again, and put in your year of birth also.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#23astutecolliePosted 8/26/2014 3:57:35 AM
Worst, this gen. The game lineups for all 3 systems are atrocious with the ps4 having the most boring lineup i have ever seen. Its awful with basically nothing going until holiday 2015, and then it has to go up against halo 5 and tomb raider. Good luck with that. Better have more than dude raider.
#24TrueBlue91Posted 8/26/2014 4:00:34 AM
astutecollie posted...
Worst, this gen. The game lineups for all 3 systems are atrocious with the ps4 having the most boring lineup i have ever seen. Its awful with basically nothing going until holiday 2015, and then it has to go up against halo 5 and tomb raider. Good luck with that. Better have more than dude raider.

Halo 5 is virtually all Xbox has going for it, and Uncharted > Tomb Raider, plus Tomb Raider is only timed exclusive. So you make no sense.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#25Veemon_XPosted 8/26/2014 4:07:52 AM
Best -> 3rd or 4th. NES was in the third and had a pretty big library full of gems. Sega Genesis and SNES both had great games too. They all had something too offer.

Worst -> Its really tempting to say this gen since it seems both Sony and MS released their systems far too soon just for the sake of getting them out there. Consoles need games.
At the same time, I'm tempted to say PS2/GC/XBox. PS2's library was plagued with not so good games, but it had some great ones. GC was pretty good, but its first party games seemed to be the most dominant. I'm not sure so much about XBox because I never had one, but it did introduce Halo.
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
#26SexySextrainPosted 8/26/2014 4:09:13 AM
8th gen shouldn't even be included in this. It hasn't even been a year. The first year is always mediocre. 8th gen shouldn't even be included in this for at least 3 more years.
---
What can you make of life? Without a lot of luck, nothing. And so, we despair, knowing that in the end, no one's there.
#27carljenkPosted 8/26/2014 4:17:18 AM
Best 4th gen.

Worst this gen.
#28Veemon_XPosted 8/26/2014 4:20:43 AM(edited)
SexySextrain posted...
8th gen shouldn't even be included in this. It hasn't even been a year. The first year is always mediocre. 8th gen shouldn't even be included in this for at least 3 more years.

I don't know, I don't remember 6th generation being that slow at least.
But we have yet to see this generation's library I suppose.
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.
#29Bobsy84Posted 8/26/2014 4:26:30 AM
The 1st year of ps2 was terrible! The ps4 games collection is miles better at this point.
My personal favorite would be 5th gen ps1/N64/Saturn when 3d gaming really blew up so many great titles came out then.
#302006_Posted 8/26/2014 4:31:22 AM
2008/2009

Gta 4
Mass Effect
Ac2
Mw 2
Batman
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Bayonetta
Borderlands
Uncharted 2