Best/worst era of gaming?

#31astutecolliePosted 8/26/2014 5:29:28 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
astutecollie posted...
Worst, this gen. The game lineups for all 3 systems are atrocious with the ps4 having the most boring lineup i have ever seen. Its awful with basically nothing going until holiday 2015, and then it has to go up against halo 5 and tomb raider. Good luck with that. Better have more than dude raider.

Halo 5 is virtually all Xbox has going for it, and Uncharted > Tomb Raider, plus Tomb Raider is only timed exclusive. So you make no sense.

Tomb raider did uncharted better than uncharted did. And who waits an extra 6 months to a year to play a game?? Derps i guess would but that makes no sense.

And allow me to point you to exclusives lists for both consoles on wikipedia. X1 has for to the ps4s 32. Um.... just halo 5 huh??

The salt is real ladies and gents. They are still pissed about that ass kicking at gamescom when ms showed a mountain of retail exclusives and 90% of sonys show was indies. Ouch.
#32phineasfoolPosted 8/26/2014 5:43:26 AM
Worst - first gen
Best - last gen

I find each generation is better than the previous one. I don't include the current gen as it has just started and you can't compare a system that has just started to one that has already had it's full cycle. The 360/PS3/Wii really had a huge variety of games if you look past the big budget titles.
---
GT - phineasfool
#33DyingPancakePosted 8/26/2014 6:10:37 AM
Best - SNES gen. Many of my favorite games come from that gen. Though last gen (360/PS3) are really close to matching it. The number of amazing games we had last gen was incredible. I still have a backlog of 30 games on the 360 alone.

Worst - PS2/Xbox/GC. I just don't see why people loved this gen so much. Aside from a handful of awesome games on each system everything else was almost down right boring. I'm glad things got better after that gen.

This gen hasn't even been out a year so its kind of dumb to put that in the list
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 1
#34LandonioPosted 8/26/2014 6:14:46 AM
4th
---
Chuck
#3519eighty7Posted 8/26/2014 6:35:42 AM
Too early to call this the worst gen, my favorite was 6th Gen though.
#36twinspectrePosted 8/26/2014 7:04:31 AM
MK_God posted...
l struck a golden time during ps

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it
Modern games have Dumbed Down Gameplay , Handholding , Regenhealth , Waypoints , QTE , Cinematic Experience , Objective Marks , QUestMarks , all about Graphics , Hollywood and other Casual thing
Modern Games treat us like Idiots
this is not Nostalgia , because what i posted is pure Facts

On Topic : my Best gen was 4th , 5th and 6th
---
STOP BELIEVING IN TROLLS AND FAIRYTALES you're just make you look like pathetic and stupid
#37regsantotomasPosted 8/26/2014 7:13:38 AM
The worst for console gaming was easily during the game crash when games were nearly impossible to find and play outside of the arcades (which were awesome).

This new generation is so heavily maligned but I don't really understand why. There are more choices on so many platforms with games of every genre (including classics) at every price point.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#38phineasfoolPosted 8/26/2014 7:38:18 AM
regsantotomas posted...
The worst for console gaming was easily during the game crash when games were nearly impossible to find and play outside of the arcades (which were awesome).

This new generation is so heavily maligned but I don't really understand why. There are more choices on so many platforms with games of every genre (including classics) at every price point.

I never had a problem during the crash. There was tons of stuff for the Commodore 64.
---
GT - phineasfool
#39regsantotomasPosted 8/26/2014 7:41:59 AM
phineasfool posted...

I never had a problem during the crash. There was tons of stuff for the Commodore 64.

Nice. I had a 5200 at the time and it wasn't pleasant. Luckily, our neighbors eventually got a NES and I got some playing time on that for a bit. I didn't get my own NES until many years later into that generation.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#40InterzoneMantraPosted 8/26/2014 7:45:03 AM
i personally thought the ps3,xbox 360, wii era was the worst. Why? because gimmicks were put ahead of gaming. Motion control gaming were bad and thank goodness that fad is dead and we're back to focusing on gaming again.
Also the market was just saturated with fps games. I'm not a big fan of those games either. It just felt like we didn't get as much variety of gaming last gen like the ps2/gamecube era.

My favorite era is a tie between ps1/n64 and ps2 era. So much variety of games and ideas.