Xbox one games making me nauseous

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one games making me nauseous
10 months ago#1
Hi I'm new to the forums kind of I've been coming to this site for years but never had many questions. Anyway I had bought an xbox one at launch and I bought dr3 and when I played it I would get headaches and feel dizzy and feel like I was going to throw up. I also felt that way after playing Ryse as well. I eventually sold it but I'm considering buying a new one and I just wanted to know what caused it to be like that and if any other games causes anyone else to feel that way? I also wanted to add that I've never once felt this way from a video game before except an old cod game on 360 years ago and some xbox fps. Thank you for the help I have been thinking about getting a second one but I don't want to if it's going to do the same.
10 months ago#2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness
10 months ago#3
Realistically, you should be having the exact same issue with the 360 too. Anyway:

~ Make sure the TV sits at the right height. You should generally look straight or down when playing, never up.
~ Try sitting further away from the TV. The FOV most games use will give you motion sickness from up close.
~ Reduce your display's backlight setting.
~ Mute the colours to a point where the image is very relaxing for the eye, yet you can still tell colours apart,

Any of these should solve your problem.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
10 months ago#4
Ilikemyname420 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness

Thank you for the reply but I don't think that's the case seeing as I used to spend an hour a day on a flight sim back in school. Also it wouldn't explain how other games don't make me feel this way even games that have similar play styles, I play many different genres on 360, ps3, 3ds and PC and I haven't had that happen apart from the one cod I played and the two Star Wars first person games on xbox. I'd really like to know what the cause was because I would enjoy getting another xbo and actually finishing dr3 because I loved the series but I don't want to spend that much money on something that would make me sick after ten to twenty minutes of play and make me feel sick the rest of the day.
10 months ago#5
I'd test for blood sugar levels. Also blood pressure. Both as a last resort.

It's likely that you're not sleeping well and spend way too much time staring at a screen.
Probably not drinking enough water either.
Take a break and do some running and stuff. Try not staring at the tv or monitor for a week.
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
10 months ago#6
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Realistically, you should be having the exact same issue with the 360 too. Anyway:

~ Make sure the TV sits at the right height. You should generally look straight or down when playing, never up.
~ Try sitting further away from the TV. The FOV most games use will give you motion sickness from up close.
~ Reduce your display's backlight setting.
~ Mute the colours to a point where the image is very relaxing for the eye, yet you can still tell colours apart,

Any of these should solve your problem.

That's the thing I don't have that issue with other games I even play on the same system and play games that are more flashy with faster moving textures and brighter colors, I even checked the consoles res settings and they were at max thinking it was the problem. I even had my ps3 and 360 right next to the xbo and was playing one or the other before but as soon as I started playing it ten or so minutes in it would happen. Like I said in my other post I doubt it's sim sickness because I used to spend an hour minimum on a flight sim back in high school and had no issues.
10 months ago#7
sanas_thiritu posted...
I'd test for blood sugar levels. Also blood pressure. Both as a last resort.

It's likely that you're not sleeping well and spend way too much time staring at a screen.
Probably not drinking enough water either.
Take a break and do some running and stuff. Try not staring at the tv or monitor for a week.

I thought it was that but I'm not diabetic and at the time I practiced martial arts quite often and was in good shape I also was out and about most days in the sun and would go atv riding in the canyons outside of my house and would walk around as well.
10 months ago#8
Sorry for double post. Try yoga. Self control of your senses is one of the goals there. You'll start noticing a change straight away.
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
10 months ago#9
sanas_thiritu posted...
Sorry for double post. Try yoga. Self control of your senses is one of the goals there. You'll start noticing a change straight away.

Like I said I practiced kick boxing, karate and jujutsu quite often then I sparred every other day with my cousins to teach them it can't be a matter of fitness or self control.
10 months ago#10
See a doc m8.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one games making me nauseous

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived