Xbox one games making me nauseous

#1Durl9Posted 8/26/2014 1:53:02 AM
Hi I'm new to the forums kind of I've been coming to this site for years but never had many questions. Anyway I had bought an xbox one at launch and I bought dr3 and when I played it I would get headaches and feel dizzy and feel like I was going to throw up. I also felt that way after playing Ryse as well. I eventually sold it but I'm considering buying a new one and I just wanted to know what caused it to be like that and if any other games causes anyone else to feel that way? I also wanted to add that I've never once felt this way from a video game before except an old cod game on 360 years ago and some xbox fps. Thank you for the help I have been thinking about getting a second one but I don't want to if it's going to do the same.
#2Ilikemyname420Posted 8/26/2014 2:04:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness
#3Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/26/2014 2:11:23 AM
Realistically, you should be having the exact same issue with the 360 too. Anyway:

~ Make sure the TV sits at the right height. You should generally look straight or down when playing, never up.
~ Try sitting further away from the TV. The FOV most games use will give you motion sickness from up close.
~ Reduce your display's backlight setting.
~ Mute the colours to a point where the image is very relaxing for the eye, yet you can still tell colours apart,

Any of these should solve your problem.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#4Durl9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 2:14:28 AM
Ilikemyname420 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulator_sickness

Thank you for the reply but I don't think that's the case seeing as I used to spend an hour a day on a flight sim back in school. Also it wouldn't explain how other games don't make me feel this way even games that have similar play styles, I play many different genres on 360, ps3, 3ds and PC and I haven't had that happen apart from the one cod I played and the two Star Wars first person games on xbox. I'd really like to know what the cause was because I would enjoy getting another xbo and actually finishing dr3 because I loved the series but I don't want to spend that much money on something that would make me sick after ten to twenty minutes of play and make me feel sick the rest of the day.
#5sanas_thirituPosted 8/26/2014 2:17:40 AM
I'd test for blood sugar levels. Also blood pressure. Both as a last resort.

It's likely that you're not sleeping well and spend way too much time staring at a screen.
Probably not drinking enough water either.
Take a break and do some running and stuff. Try not staring at the tv or monitor for a week.
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
#6Durl9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 2:18:08 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Realistically, you should be having the exact same issue with the 360 too. Anyway:

~ Make sure the TV sits at the right height. You should generally look straight or down when playing, never up.
~ Try sitting further away from the TV. The FOV most games use will give you motion sickness from up close.
~ Reduce your display's backlight setting.
~ Mute the colours to a point where the image is very relaxing for the eye, yet you can still tell colours apart,

Any of these should solve your problem.

That's the thing I don't have that issue with other games I even play on the same system and play games that are more flashy with faster moving textures and brighter colors, I even checked the consoles res settings and they were at max thinking it was the problem. I even had my ps3 and 360 right next to the xbo and was playing one or the other before but as soon as I started playing it ten or so minutes in it would happen. Like I said in my other post I doubt it's sim sickness because I used to spend an hour minimum on a flight sim back in high school and had no issues.
#7Durl9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 2:20:52 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
I'd test for blood sugar levels. Also blood pressure. Both as a last resort.

It's likely that you're not sleeping well and spend way too much time staring at a screen.
Probably not drinking enough water either.
Take a break and do some running and stuff. Try not staring at the tv or monitor for a week.

I thought it was that but I'm not diabetic and at the time I practiced martial arts quite often and was in good shape I also was out and about most days in the sun and would go atv riding in the canyons outside of my house and would walk around as well.
#8sanas_thirituPosted 8/26/2014 2:20:53 AM
Sorry for double post. Try yoga. Self control of your senses is one of the goals there. You'll start noticing a change straight away.
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
#9Durl9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 2:25:06 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
Sorry for double post. Try yoga. Self control of your senses is one of the goals there. You'll start noticing a change straight away.

Like I said I practiced kick boxing, karate and jujutsu quite often then I sparred every other day with my cousins to teach them it can't be a matter of fitness or self control.
#10Jedi454Posted 8/26/2014 2:33:06 AM
See a doc m8.