Let's talk quick scoping and how it effected the FPS market. Can it be fixed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Let's talk quick scoping and how it effected the FPS market. Can it be fixed?
11 months ago#1
If you played Call of Duty you know this technique is ramped. YouTube highlights this fact. If you are into FPS in general you know this has spilled into other FPS games as well. From Tiranfall to Battlefiekd and everything in between. (Not sure about Halo since I haven't played a Halo game before. I'm will soon) It's a problem in the community but can it be fixed?

Some if the older GFaqs users know that the ability to quick scope has been in practically ever game that gave toy the ability to ADS with a sniper rifle. When I was younger I didn't know there was a term for it. I thought I got better at aquirung my target so my speed increased.

Can you fix this issue without completely destroying the sniper class? Let's stay on CoD since this is a huge issue here. There was an attempt to fix this issue in the original Black Ops. They made the sniper become insanely innacuracte after scoping in for a few seconds. This fixed the issue but destroyed the sniper class completely. Those few seconds of being innacuracte ruined the class even at medium to long ranges. You could increase the scope time significantly but that would have the sane effect as the inital idea. So what can you do? I heard the idea of a reverse damage drop off to making it where sniping in close to medium ranges useless. That is ridiculous. Especially since it's hard to fight outside of medium ranges even with a sniper. Plus it is just illogical for a gun to do less damage point blank compared to longer ranges. I personally think the only "fix" you can have is removing aim assist for snipers. It will take a bit of adjusting and practice but I think people will adjust fine. The Titanfall "fix" with time travel would be a decent fix as well. BF obviously has this as well but the bullet velocity is still extremely high compared to TF.

So... What ideas do you have to fix this issue?
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
11 months ago#2
http://youtu.be/5oKkgzKRKps

Get better or get rekd.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
11 months ago#3
Naughty Dog just didn't let you use the sniper unscoped in multiplayer. Such a simple solution and raised the skill barrier for snipers a little.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
11 months ago#4
Just don't allow Aim Assist for Sniper Rifles...problem solved
11 months ago#5
A sniper needs to be lying down on the ground, and he has a set-up time. The end. Problem fixed. Also more realistic.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
11 months ago#6
nelligan posted...

Aim assist is pretty much mandatory for multiplayer fps games on consoles. Stubby little analog sticks are just inferior to mouse and keyboard controls and that's all there is to it.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
11 months ago#7
TheGam3925 posted...
nelligan posted...

Aim assist is pretty much mandatory for multiplayer fps games on consoles. Stubby little analog sticks are just inferior to mouse and keyboard controls and that's all there is to it.

Not for sniper rifles it's not. If you don't need a headshot for a kill, and you're zooming in to a target, why would you need aim assist?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
11 months ago#8
TrueBlue91 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
nelligan posted...

Not for sniper rifles it's not. If you don't need a headshot for a kill, and you're zooming in to a target, why would you need aim assist?

Aiming with a sniper rifle or any gun for that matter Is far superior with a mouse and keyboard, hence why aim assist exists on consoles.
---
11 months ago#9
TheGam3925 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
nelligan posted...

Aiming with a sniper rifle or any gun for that matter Is far superior with a mouse and keyboard, hence why aim assist exists on consoles.

Your point? It's not console vs PC. We play on the same console. It's not mouse vs controller so its an even playing field.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
11 months ago#10
Joey-Zaza posted...
A sniper needs to be lying down on the ground, and he has a set-up time. The end. Problem fixed. Also more realistic.

I like this. Either prone, or in a crouch. Good call, Joey.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Let's talk quick scoping and how it effected the FPS market. Can it be fixed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived