Let's talk quick scoping and how it effected the FPS market. Can it be fixed?

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/26/2014 7:22:40 AM
nelligan posted...
Just don't allow Aim Assist for Sniper Rifles...problem solved

---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#12gernburgsPosted 8/26/2014 7:30:28 AM
I'm not convinced this is even that big of a problem. I think if you're good enough to do it, you should be able to do it. If the snipers are too powerful with quick-scoping, buff the other guns slightly to maintain balance.

If it's truly game-breaking, however, then it has to go.

In the new CoD coming out (which looks really sweet tbh) I don't think it will be too big of a problem because you'll have better mobility and will be harder to hit cleanly.
---
#13carljenkPosted 8/26/2014 7:39:37 AM
They could make sniper bullets more visible than other bullet types to better give away the sniper's position?
#14JuttooPosted 8/26/2014 7:48:13 AM
It's not a problem at all. Even in CoD games where quick-scoping was the most user-friendly, it wasn't effective over the long run. Sure people will occassionally have a good game with quick-scoping, or have a nice killstreak. You see that in people's montage. What you don't see are the majority of games where they have negative K/D's.

If you look up the stats of the best or most well known quick scopers, you'll be hard pressed to find one with over a 1.5 K/D. If you look at their K/Ds when just using a sniper rifle, it tends to be around a 1 K/D. Those aren't impressive numbers, and those are "the best" at it. 90% of the time when you run into a quick scoper, they'll have like a 0.5 K/D.

Yes, it's annoying when some 13 year old kills you from across the map while doing a 360. Yes, it abuses the aim assist on consoles. But no, it's not game-breaking. In fact I love coming into a lobby filled with quick-scopers because I know two things will happen: 1) my team will win, and 2) my K/D is going up.

"Naughty Dog just didn't let you use the sniper unscoped in multiplayer. Such a simple solution and raised the skill barrier for snipers a little."

How does that fix quick scoping? The whole point of quick scoping is to use a scoped sniper rifle.
#15MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/26/2014 7:51:14 AM
nelligan posted...
Just don't allow Aim Assist for Sniper Rifles...problem solved

This.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#16CharocksPosted 8/26/2014 8:17:25 AM
*Affect

Remove aim assist on sniper rifles. Next?
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#17DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 10:07:21 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
A sniper needs to be lying down on the ground, and he has a set-up time. The end. Problem fixed. Also more realistic.

I like this. Either prone, or in a crouch. Good call, Joey.

I'm sorry but that is a horrible idea. You can't just throw out balance to make it more realistic.
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta
#18Joey-ZazaPosted 8/26/2014 10:57:57 AM
So you're telling me that quickscoping is 'by design'? I don't think so. The developers probably intended for the exact scenario I described many years ago, but players used the mechanics of the game to create 'stupid' combat.

This is like hopping around in Halo or wall bouncing in Gears of War.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#19DepreceV2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 11:00:45 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
So you're telling me that quickscoping is 'by design'? I don't think so. The developers probably intended for the exact scenario I described many years ago, but players used the mechanics of the game to create 'stupid' combat.

This is like hopping around in Halo or wall bouncing in Gears of War.

By design? Obviously not. That doesn't mean you throw out balance to fix it
---
It's amazing how every time you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot! ~Vegeta