Is XBL better than PSN this generation?

#21AWarAmp84Posted 8/26/2014 7:47:16 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Lol at the guys putting their fingers in their ears and attacking dmnt when he actually posted something that pretty much proves that the two services are on par with each other. You're the sad ones, really you're all pathetic.

Pathetic? No, what's pathetic is the amount of effort dmnt gives to troll this board and when he's not trolling, he being an all out nuisance. Btw, where did the little guy go?
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#22kidwgmPosted 8/26/2014 7:48:54 AM
Enclave posted...
kidwgm posted...
To break this down for you. If XBL is continually, as we speak, evolving service then PSN will always be playing catch up because history has shown us that.

Playing catch up suggests they are still behind while on par suggests they've caught up, you can't suggest both as they're contradictory terms. Now I totally understood your meaning but you should say what you mean. Use the language properly, it's extra important on something like a forum where our words alone are what represent us.

I said from what I heard its on par. Maybe I didnt explain my point in a watered down way. But what I'm saying is basically Live sets the standard and PSN plays catch up.
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Peggle 2.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#23jblaze2121Posted 8/26/2014 7:49:33 AM
DanE4764 posted...
Lol at the guys putting their fingers in their ears and attacking dmnt when he actually posted something that pretty much proves that the two services are on par with each other. You're the sad ones, really you're all pathetic.

Troll sympathizer
:/
---
FC~3093 8430 0175 IGN~jblaze #of peaches consumed~ova 9000!!!!!!!!! Pawn Shop Owner/GT~jblaze2121-PSN~jblaze2121http://tinyurl.com/jblazepokemonz
#24AceAndJunpeiPosted 8/26/2014 7:56:23 AM
They're both unacceptable messes most of the time.

Thank god the super fans go on both companies' blogs to thank them for feeding us gruel though, so they don't think they need to improve anything.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#25chitowngamer85Posted 8/26/2014 7:57:14 AM
Up until a few days ago I would have said the same. But I think these past few days have made it clear the XBL network is more robust. Its not like they didn't try to DDOS XBL...it just didn't take it down
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
I'd like to get an XB1, too, but I think my fiance might be upset if I came home with ANOTHER system.
#26Crystyn_7BPosted 8/26/2014 7:58:38 AM
So Sony, I heard you like brackets, and you know what rhymes with brackets?— Lizard Squad (@LizardSquad)

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/statuses/504250304695894016
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#27Perfect LightPosted 8/26/2014 8:00:49 AM
I game primarily on PC so I think they both kinda suck. I don't have to pay extra for my online gaming.
---
Playing: The Bureau XCOM Declassified
Waiting: Grand Theft Auto V, Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Batman Arkham Knight
#28HorridhalPosted 8/26/2014 8:04:58 AM
Equal.

Any other claims is just fanboy drivel from one side or the other.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#29EnclavePosted 8/26/2014 8:05:33 AM
kidwgm posted...
Enclave posted...
kidwgm posted...
To break this down for you. If XBL is continually, as we speak, evolving service then PSN will always be playing catch up because history has shown us that.

Playing catch up suggests they are still behind while on par suggests they've caught up, you can't suggest both as they're contradictory terms. Now I totally understood your meaning but you should say what you mean. Use the language properly, it's extra important on something like a forum where our words alone are what represent us.

I said from what I heard its on par. Maybe I didnt explain my point in a watered down way. But what I'm saying is basically Live sets the standard and PSN plays catch up.

You have no personal experience so you can only go by what you've heard, if what you meant is that you don't believe what you've heard then say it.

Additionally, you didn't water down what you said, you essentially repeated yourself without correcting your error.

What you want to be saying is either that you don't actually believe that Sony has caught up and thus is still playing catch up or that while Sony may have caught up? You believe it to be temporary as you have greater trust in Microsoft with regards to adding network features at a faster pace than Sony.

Now if you would like my opinion on the topic? I truly believe Sony has indeed caught up, I've been nothing but surprised by PSN this gen so far. I'm honestly not sure if by the end of the gen who will have the better network. Sony has some cool plans and so does Microsoft. Going to be exciting to see how both networks grow. What I find very cool is how both Microsoft and Sony aren't strictly going for the same features, they're differentiating from each other. This is what competition is all about.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#30Veemon_XPosted 8/26/2014 8:07:09 AM(edited)
kidwgm posted...
Enclave posted...
kidwgm posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
The DDoS attack that Sony had yesterday just confirms how much better XBL is.

I don't know if it confirms it but it doesn't help Sony. I'm a multi console owner and firmly believe XBL is vastly superior. To be honest I have not purchased a PS4 to see how PSN has progressed. I have heard from other posters that it is now on par with XBL. But to me that is nothing to brag about. Its just now on par. XBL has set the bar and will continue to evolve while PSN continues to play catch up.

Except if it's on par then that means they're no longer playing catch up. Your post doesn't really make sense.

I wouldn't say always. Infact, sadly, the Store on my PS3 is completely laggy. I'm hoping they'll release a patch to rid of the lag. PS4 is not as laggy though, that's for sure. Also, I dislike PSN store's presentation, its not as fast to navigate through as XBox Live's on 360. Ofcourse, I'm speaking of the current iteration of XBox 360's Live as I am aware that XBox 360's gui had changed.

I know I'm discussing last gen, but I wouldn't say PSN's been playing catch up.
---
Proud owner of a PS4
Might also get a One one or two years from now because it seems to agitate ponies suggesting it might have something worthwhile after all.