What If Microsoft Adds Cortana Into The Xbox One OS System?

#1kereke12Posted 8/26/2014 12:03:25 PM
(I'm new to the Gamefaqs so this is my very first "Topic") *Disclaimer* I looked around and didn't see this topic* ---- Cortana is from Halo right? So wouldn't it be cool if Microsoft integrates Cortana into the Xbox One OS System. For example, "Cortana, remind everyone that I will be on @ 6 P.M. tonight for Halo 5" Or "Cortana pre-download Halo Master Chief Collection for me" By speaking to it, it gets to know you sort of like personal assistant. "She Lives Inside of Xbox" -- I think if they did that, it will make Xbox very unique. I don't know about you guys but that would be very cool if they put her in Xbox.
---
Viva Nintendo
#2FoppePosted 8/26/2014 12:04:45 PM
I would buy a Morgan Freeman voicepack.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 8/26/2014 12:46:59 PM
I think it's pretty useless on my phone already, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't do something similar to this years ago with the first Kinect, or at least at from the launch of the second.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#4Crystyn_7BPosted 8/26/2014 12:49:10 PM
they probably will somewhere down the line
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#5duericPosted 8/26/2014 12:55:22 PM
I don't know. I think the whole talking to a virtual object like it's a person thing is kind of dorky as it is.

"Xbox, On". I mean, really? Do they think I'm 9 years old or what?

The other day my buddy used "Siri" on his iPhone and said the name while doing the search. I slapped him, then apologized and asked him politely never to do that while near me again. He totally understood. LOL (true story, btw)
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6SwiftXZPosted 8/26/2014 12:57:37 PM
Foppe posted...
I would buy a Morgan Freeman voicepack.

It'd be right after the Snoop Dogg voice pack.
---
GT:SwiftXZ
American. So now you can hate me because of stereotypes and my geographical location. Genius.
#7FoppePosted 8/26/2014 1:03:22 PM
dueric posted...
I don't know. I think the whole talking to a virtual object like it's a person thing is kind of dorky as it is.

The other day my buddy used "Siri" on his iPhone and said the name while doing the search. I slapped him, then apologized and asked him politely never to do that while near me again. He totally understood. LOL (true story, btw)

It's more a "let the system idle until it hear somebody saying the correct command word, which we decide is Xbox to not mess things up" thing than a "lollors, let's make everybody look like 9 years old dorks because we are all like Dueric!"...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8Hucast9Posted 8/26/2014 1:12:21 PM
A Cortana themed user interface would be very nice. I would be in favor of it.
#9duericPosted 8/26/2014 1:22:02 PM
Foppe posted...
dueric posted...

It's more a "let the system idle until it hear somebody saying the correct command word, which we decide is Xbox to not mess things up" thing than a "lollors, let's make everybody look like 9 years old dorks because we are all like Dueric!"...

The last thing you want is to own something that requires clear communication.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#10zephirrainesPosted 8/26/2014 2:02:17 PM
I pray they do. Instead of saying "xbox" for kinect id just say "Cortana". And then have her appear small on the screen