Dragon Age MP Details Confirmed (Hope you liked ME 3 MP)

#11duericPosted 8/26/2014 3:06:56 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
dueric posted...
I loved DAO and actually like DA2 enough to play through it to 1000 ach points.

However, the more I hear about DAI, the more I think it's going to be an absolute joke to fans of the series despite the claims of "fan service" by the devs.

The devs are claiming "fan service"? I thought they were trying their hardest to deny it?

You thought wrong. That's alls I can say.

There's millions of articles on it all over the web. This is supposed to be their apology for DA2.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12GladiatorDangerPosted 8/26/2014 3:07:34 PM
Yomonachi5 posted...
ME3 had an amazing online. This is a nice transition.

Personally I did not enjoy ME3's multiplayer at all however apparently it was quite the money maker for EA so it is no surprise to see it crowbarred into Inquisition.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#13duericPosted 8/26/2014 3:08:56 PM
Yomonachi5 posted...
ME3 had an amazing online. This is a nice transition.

Personally I did not enjoy ME3's multiplayer at all however apparently it was quite the money maker for EA so it is no surprise to see it crowbarred into Inquisition.

Especially after they said they plan to make $1 billion in "extra content" this year.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#14GladiatorDangerPosted 8/26/2014 3:16:09 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
dueric posted...

However, the more I hear about DAI, the more I think it's going to be an absolute joke to fans of the series despite the claims of "fan service" by the devs.

The devs are claiming "fan service"? I thought they were trying their hardest to deny it?

There's millions of articles on it all over the web. This is supposed to be their apology for DA2.

Wow really? Can you link these articles? Last I heard they still considered DA2 an amazing game that wasn't as well received as it should be because people's expectations were too high.

But seriously try going on the Bioware forums claiming that a lot of their content is fan service, claim that the only reason Cullen is in the game is because of his slightly disturbing following and you will have a few moderators breathing down your neck, claim that their characters and protagonists are Mary Sues and you will probably be banned.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#15duericPosted 8/26/2014 3:18:03 PM
dueric posted...
dueric posted...

Wow really? Can you link these articles? Last I heard they still considered DA2 an amazing game.

But seriously try going on the Bioware forums claiming that a lot of their content is fan service, claim that the only reason Cullen is in the game is because of his slightly disturbing following and you will have a few moderators breathing down your neck, claim that their characters and protagonists are Mary Sues and you will probably be banned.

I don't feel like tracking them down, dude. You know how to Google.

Just search Kotaku for Dragon Age Inquisition. You'll get the "apology" article and everything.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what happens on official forums. Those places are usually fanboy central and taken way too seriously by their mods.
---
#16IrishSpectre_N7Posted 8/26/2014 4:31:26 PM(edited)
dueric posted...

Please explain this one. What are you hearing that makes you think that?

Because Inquisition in my opinion is shaping up to be something very special.

Edit: I would also like to correct the TC. They have made it clear that the co-op mode has absolutely no effect on single-player.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JmjvP5n.gif
#17uniquebadgerPosted 8/26/2014 4:36:31 PM
I enjoyed ME3's multi, and it still has a fairly active community if you d/l all the free maps you can easily find games.

But i do wonder with a game that isn't a shooter how well the multiplayer will work. Gonna be interesting for sure.
#18scoobydoobydontPosted 8/26/2014 4:46:05 PM
People believe Bioware PR, lol. Of course it impacts the SP. Every second and every cent not spent on SP has an effect. ME3's side missions were mainly repurposed MP maps and the game was worse for it. All the shilling in the world won't make this good news. And **** like this is exactly why I'm only buying it used and skipping the dlc. EA isn't getting a cent of my money ever again, and Bioware deserves the same. **** Bioware.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#19IrishSpectre_N7Posted 8/26/2014 4:54:48 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
People believe Bioware PR, lol. Of course it impacts the SP. Every second and every cent not spent on SP has an effect. ME3's side missions were mainly repurposed MP maps and the game was worse for it. All the shilling in the world won't make this good news. And **** like this is exactly why I'm only buying it used and skipping the dlc. EA isn't getting a cent of my money ever again, and Bioware deserves the same. **** Bioware.

Nobody cares. Nobody was even talking about what you're ranting about, so how about you calm down and think before you explode next time.

What was meant by multiplayer effecting the singleplayer is that there's nothing like war assets that would get you a better (or worse) ending.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JmjvP5n.gif