The sound is totally screwed up on Metro Redux

#21leelee3105Posted 8/27/2014 12:17:50 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Where did I say Xbone and where did I bash the X1? I said it is having problems with the game, genius. The console isn't even made in America and neither are the parts. Please stop.

obviously that part wasnted directed at you. well at least not this particular Alt

Leveled, look bud, I assume you are an adult. As an adult, you can talk about the good and the bad when it comes to a console or any other product you purchase for that matter. Go look in the controller topic a few topics down and you see that I love the build quality of the controller.

Stop embarrassing yourself and have some adult conversations, these consoles are no where near perfect, buddy.

if you want to side with a know troll you get what you get bro. deal with it
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#22Tajaz2426Posted 8/27/2014 12:22:03 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
Where did I say Xbone and where did I bash the X1? I said it is having problems with the game, genius. The console isn't even made in America and neither are the parts. Please stop.

obviously that part wasnted directed at you. well at least not this particular Alt

Leveled, look bud, I assume you are an adult. As an adult, you can talk about the good and the bad when it comes to a console or any other product you purchase for that matter. Go look in the controller topic a few topics down and you see that I love the build quality of the controller.

Stop embarrassing yourself and have some adult conversations, these consoles are no where near perfect, buddy.

I don't side with anyone, it is the truth about this board and you have proven it time and time again. If someone says anything wrong about the X1, no matter how valid the complaint is, you accuse them of trolling. You are making this board look bad. MS doesn't need someone they don't know, looking out for their imaginary back, you keep looking out for. They are a company that wants to make money, just like every other company out there. The only way they can fix problems, is if people bring those problems to their attention. With someone like you they would figure the X1 has no issues at all.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#23Homie_202Posted 8/27/2014 12:22:12 AM
So tc did you ever get it working? If so how is it?
#24leelee3105Posted 8/27/2014 12:25:03 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...

I don't side with anyone, it is the truth about this board and you have proven it time and time again. If someone says anything wrong about the X1, no matter how valid the complaint is, you accuse them of trolling. You are making this board look bad. MS doesn't need someone they don't know, looking out for their imaginary back, you keep looking out for. They are a company that wants to make money, just like every other company out there. The only way they can fix problems, is if people bring those problems to their attention. With someone like you they would figure the X1 has no issues at all.

neither of you 2 have been able to explain to me how a third parties bugged update has anything to do with MS you care to?
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#25Tajaz2426Posted 8/27/2014 12:26:55 AM
Didn't you read the update from Microsoft? If you are part of the preview program, it can cause issues. That isn't hard to understand man, that is how I fixed it for my son. Hence why I told Kenny thank you,
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#26elbarto1Posted 8/27/2014 12:39:49 AM(edited)
As for the original issue about sound being screwy, this game has hyper sensitive directional audio, like you need to be close to and facing the person talking or its hard to hear them.

I recall the 360 version being the same way. I suggest turning on subtitles. As for gunshots... That's a choice the devs made. I think it's cause the ammo is crummy and made "post war".

But my guns aren't silent at all.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#27Tajaz2426Posted 8/27/2014 12:43:17 AM
elbarto1 posted...
As for the original issue about sound being screwy, this game has hyper sensitive directional audio, like you need to be close to and facing the person talking or its hard to hear them.

I recall the 360 version being the same way. I suggest turning on subtitles. As for gunshots... That's a choice the devs made. I think it's cause the ammo is crummy and made "post war".

But my guns aren't silent at all.

Hmmm, interesting about the gun sounds. It could possibly be that the developers did a bad job upgrading the audio in the same sense. They may have just put a lot of their resources into the updated graphics in their new engine.
---
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#28MVNeoPosted 8/27/2014 1:46:25 AM
The game only works on disc if you are offline and installed it offline. I'm part of the preview program too. It might work if you're not in the program though. Something about the mix of the game's day one patch and the preview program dashboard do not mix.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/UNSCleric - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#29Kaynes_Arse(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 2:09:58 PM
UPDATE: sound still doesn't work. I tried re-installing the patch, which did not work. I then uninstalled everything and tried running the game without the patch and still the same problems with the sound. I'm strongly considering taking the game back to Walmart tomorrow and see if I can trade it for Madden. I really want to play Metro, but I have a real problem paying $50 for a broken game.
---
When you are going through Hell, keep going.
#30zombodyPosted 8/28/2014 2:19:17 PM
Are you a part of the preview program? That is causing issues for everyone with it
---
Timesplitters!