GameStop won't give me back my pre order money?

#1toothpiqPosted 8/26/2014 5:00:51 PM
So today I went in to pre-order Sunset Overdrive (paid it off in full) with store credit I got today from the 50% trade in bonus promo they have going on right now.

I went back into that store a couple hours later (it's less than 5 minutes away from my house) to see if I could just take $60 from my CoD Atlas Pro pre-order (which was paid full in cash), and then swap it with the $60 store credit that was on Sunset Overdrive. Unfortunately, the lady wouldn't let me do it. It probably didn't help that it was the same lady that gave me the pre-order credit from earlier in the day.

I went home to find out that pre-orders for the CoD Atlas Pro were still up on the GameStop site itself, so what gives? It's not like i'm canceling a pre-order and giving them a -1 or hurting their numbers.

Never really had a problem with GameStop pre-orders before, but now I feel like this is the last straw. You're meaning to tell me that I can't get SOME of my cash back from pre-ordering a game that I paid in nothing but cash for?

She told me there was NOTHING I could do. Why are they so reluctant?

Yeah, something definitely seems fishy here.

So what am I supposed to do now? Am I in the wrong for doing this? Does this violate any policy?
---
3DS FC: 5455-9410-9757 | IGN: Nicholas | Electric Safari | Shiny ID: 2652
XBL: a homeless male | YouTube: ahomelessmale
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/26/2014 5:10:43 PM
TC, so you genuinely like the Xbox One?

And you don't want to cancel your preorder completely, just get some money back?
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3darkness1018Posted 8/26/2014 5:11:23 PM
I'd try this TC. Cancel both, get your cash & credit back, then pre order again & pay with what you want. I move my pre orders at GS sometimes as well from 1 game to another.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1
#4locustactivistPosted 8/26/2014 5:11:30 PM
You should deff get in touch with there manager or leave a bad review lol. That always fixes things when they try to screw me over.
---
If you aint infantry you aint s***! Lol
GT- PRAI5E THE SUN
#5blaze120683Posted 8/26/2014 5:12:08 PM
Canc both preorders and then redo them
#6gohoanqPosted 8/26/2014 5:19:03 PM
It's your money, if you paid in cash she has to give it back if you want it. Like the others have said, cancel both, then redo it how you'd like. It doesn't really make sense to me though lol Why do you want to cancel a game you literally just preordered? o_O
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#7toothpiq(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:19:05 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
TC, so you genuinely like the Xbox One?

And you don't want to cancel your preorder completely, just get some money back?

Well most people I play with have it, so I guess that makes it fun.

Yeah, I didn't want to cancel it completely, just take the money I paid out and replace it with store credit.
---
#8toothpiq(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:23:52 PM(edited)
blaze120683 posted...

cancelling Sunset Overdrive wasn't the problem. Getting money from the CoD Atlas Pro was the problem. They told me I couldn't take any money out of it, and if I did I would lose that pre-order for good.
---
#9toothpiq(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:22:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10glassghost0Posted 8/26/2014 5:23:14 PM
toothpiq posted...
blaze120683 posted...

cancelling Sunset Overdrive wasn't the problem. Cancelling the CoD Atlas Pro was the problem. They told me I couldn't take any money out of it, and if I did I would lose that pre-order for good.

What's the problem? I don't understand?

You want to keep both pre-orders? Correct?

And your'e going to purchase both?

So just leave it?
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122