Why no confidence in Quantum Break, Microsoft?

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 8/26/2014 11:36:19 PM
You already got Sunset Overdrive which reminds me a lot of Infamous, so that was covered, you got your Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 to go up against DriveClub and the inevitable Gran turismo 7, you got your upcoming Halo 5 which will no doubt sell more than Killzone, and your upcoming Gears to go against the Order 1886, which already will have it beat due to having multiplayer, and you wanted a 3rd person shooter to go up against Uncharted 4.... well you have Quantum Break already so whats up? Why chase after an old 3rd party multiplatform game?
No faith?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2WeirdShroomPosted 8/26/2014 11:54:16 PM
The showed off a bunched of gameplay and talked at length about it at gamescom. More than they talked about Tomb Raider.

and it looks lovely IMO. Time + Bullets > Bullet Time
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#3WarsuhPosted 8/27/2014 12:27:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4lunaticcorePosted 8/27/2014 1:07:44 AM
It was one of the main games they showed off at Gamescon.

Microsoft isn't sitting around trying to play game match up with Sony.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#5Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 3:26:16 AM
lunaticcore posted...
It was one of the main games they showed off at Gamescon.

Microsoft isn't sitting around trying to play game match up with Sony.

Seems like it when they chased after Rise
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6kyncaniPosted 8/27/2014 4:18:08 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
and it looks lovely IMO. Time + Bullets > Bullet Time

Lolwut ?

Vanquish, last gen uses bullet time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfXaXlzoI
#7Grenade LauncherPosted 8/27/2014 4:39:20 AM
It's yet another generic third person action adventure game (hey, not criticism, I like them) but with a time control gimmick. Market's got more than enough of those.
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi
#8astutecolliePosted 8/27/2014 4:59:54 AM
The game looked great to me. And sunset is more like the ratchet games than infamous. It has the grinding thing, and infamous was not the first game to have that. Grinding is the only similarity. Infamous is very dark and colorless, sunset is very colorful and playful like the ratchet games.
#9AttackOnTitanPosted 8/27/2014 5:02:57 AM
Grenade Launcher posted...
It's yet another generic third person action adventure game (hey, not criticism, I like them) but with a time control gimmick. Market's got more than enough of those.

So Max Payne+ Alen Wake does not equal awesome sauce to you?
#10AttackOnTitanPosted 8/27/2014 5:05:53 AM
astutecollie posted...
The game looked great to me. And sunset is more like the ratchet games than infamous. It has the grinding thing, and infamous was not the first game to have that. Grinding is the only similarity. Infamous is very dark and colorless, sunset is very colorful and playful like the ratchet games.

Yeah It looks like Infamous but that's about it. It plays nothing like it. Its Jet Set Radio meets Crackdown with Ratchet and Clank crazy weapons and with some Dead Rising 3 sprinkled on top.