So I guess it's either some games in 1080p or secure stable online.

#51casper316Posted 8/27/2014 8:43:05 AM
BDJayce posted...
leelee3105 posted...
to answer youre original question though, I think I'll take 900P and keep my credit rating. Those hackers were maaaad yesterday lol

It was a DDOS attack.. personal information was never at risk.

hey kid Sony themselves stated that when the PSN was hacked it all started with a DDoS attack, the hackers used a DDoS attack to make the data theft. you Ponies should be asking some questions to sony about your accounts, the last time they never said a thing to anyone until the hackers started posting user account info online showing they had in fact got the user data. you personal information could have very well been at risk and I would be very worried about it.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#52ExempliGratiaPosted 8/27/2014 8:45:46 AM
BDJayce posted...
As for the 'ignore' function on the Xbox One boards it's mostly wasted.

Anyone who doesn't praise the Xbox One as the savior of gaming gets ignored by "Xboners" for the lack of a better word and those that do praise the Xbox One as the savior of gaming gets ignored by "Sony Ponies" for the lack of a better word.

I personally have 0 people on my ignore list. Why join a forum designed for discussion if the only opinion you care about is your own?

I don't think that's the reason people ignore.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#53BDJaycePosted 8/27/2014 8:58:40 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
BDJayce posted...

Anyone who doesn't praise the Xbox One as the savior of gaming gets ignored by "Xboners" for the lack of a better word and those that do praise the Xbox One as the savior of gaming gets ignored by "Sony Ponies" for the lack of a better word.

I personally have 0 people on my ignore list. Why join a forum designed for discussion if the only opinion you care about is your own?

It's the reason most people ignore.

"I don't happen to like the Xbox One" ugh, ignore!

"I happen to think the Xbox One is fine" ugh, ignore!

Seriously differing opinions get you ignored, liking something gets you ignored, not liking something gets you ignored.. it's like dealing with a bunch of kids giving you the silent treatment.

casper316 posted...
hey kid Sony themselves stated that when the PSN was hacked it all started with a DDoS attack, the hackers used a DDoS attack to make the data theft. you Ponies should be asking some questions to sony about your accounts, the last time they never said a thing to anyone until the hackers started posting user account info online showing they had in fact got the user data. you personal information could have very well been at risk and I would be very worried about it.

First, i'm not a "pony" I haven't played a Playstation since the Playstation 2. Get a new insult because that one is frankly getting tired.

Second, i'm not a kid i'm 30 years old and i've been playing games since most of the 'hardcore' people on this board were a twinkle in their daddies eye.

Lastly, this group has already moved on, they moved on so fast it was laughable.. they started attacking twitch a few hours later. If they did get personal information more power to them i'll admit I was wrong but it seems to me, personally, that this is just a group of kiddies who found out how to DDOS someone.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#54ChiliPupPosted 8/27/2014 9:32:53 AM
leelee3105 posted...
i have that jayce troll in the ignore dungeon with about 80 other salty ponies

I love it when sensitive users amass a gigantic ignore list. It makes the comment threads so much more humorous when they only see a third of what's going on. Willingly putting on blinders is something I can't even comprehend. But I suppose ignoring is much easier than having to match wits with someone.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#55ExempliGratiaPosted 8/27/2014 9:39:42 AM
BDJayce posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
BDJayce posted...

It's the reason most people ignore.

"I don't happen to like the Xbox One" ugh, ignore!

"I happen to think the Xbox One is fine" ugh, ignore!

Seriously differing opinions get you ignored, liking something gets you ignored, not liking something gets you ignored.. it's like dealing with a bunch of kids giving you the silent treatment.

casper316 posted...

First, i'm not a "pony" I haven't played a Playstation since the Playstation 2. Get a new insult because that one is frankly getting tired.

Second, i'm not a kid i'm 30 years old and i've been playing games since most of the 'hardcore' people on this board were a twinkle in their daddies eye.

Lastly, this group has already moved on, they moved on so fast it was laughable.. they started attacking twitch a few hours later. If they did get personal information more power to them i'll admit I was wrong but it seems to me, personally, that this is just a group of kiddies who found out how to DDOS someone.

Still that isn't the reason "most" people ignore. You don't account for others.
---
#56ExempliGratiaPosted 8/27/2014 9:40:43 AM
ChiliPup posted...
leelee3105 posted...
i have that jayce troll in the ignore dungeon with about 80 other salty ponies

I love it when sensitive users amass a gigantic ignore list. It makes the comment threads so much more humorous when they only see a third of what's going on. Willingly putting on blinders is something I can't even comprehend. But I suppose ignoring is much easier than having to match wits with someone.

---

You can't match wit when there is none.
---
#57Lisbon14215Posted 8/27/2014 10:25:32 AM
BDJayce, I think that you are marginalizing what this individual/group did when you make statements like "this is just a group of kiddies who found out how to DDOS someone". Despite what you and some others may believe, it takes a certain level of sophistication and knowledge to DDOS a multinational, multi-billion dollar company like Sony. Cain and Abel plus a Low Orbit Ion Cannon attack by an individual or small group isn't going to do much damage against one of the largest tech companies in the world.

To begin with, if someone was inclined to do what they did, they would have to be somewhat knowledgeable with an operating system such as Linux Backtrack 5 R3 or Linux Kali. They would then have to have hundreds if not thousands of computers of their own, or they would have to infect a ton of other computers with malware creating a botnet. I'm inclined to believe that they went the botnet route which means that they would have to know how to insert their script onto a fair amount of computers creating their "zombie army". Finally, they would have to have a pretty good understanding of how to use an open source penetration tool like metasploit. It's a little more difficult to successfully DDOS a company like Sony (who I would imagine spends a good amount of money on it's security, especially after what happened in 2011) then some of you make it out to be. It's magnitudes beyond running Cain and Abel to get someone's IP address on Xbox Live or PSN and then hitting them offline with a tool such as the Low Orbit Ion Cannon because they just teabagged you in a game of Search.
---
YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
http://i.imgur.com/vrhzkRB.jpg
#58ChiliPupPosted 8/27/2014 10:28:35 AM
ExempliGratia posted...

This is what's called a logical fallacy of unwarranted extrapolation.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#59ExempliGratiaPosted 8/27/2014 10:47:59 AM
ChiliPup posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

This is what's called a logical fallacy of unwarranted extrapolation.

---

Cool story brah?
---