I guess I'll never get to finish tomb raider...

#1teeebzPosted 8/27/2014 12:01:34 PM
A while back when the game first came out on one I bought it. I remember going through each area, carefully 100 percenting each section. Then I got to the cliff side area and hit a game breaking glitch. My screen would load to black and I couldn't do anything. The game got shelved for months.

That was, until a few days ago I decided I had to beat this damn game. I deleted my save and started all over. I made sure not to 100 percent each section because I knew I could always go back. At the cliff side bunker area and my game froze again (it had done it a few times prior but if I just gave it a second the lens or whatever would catch up and it was more like a hiccup) anyway, I had to quit the game because this time, the game wouldn't unfreeze. When I loaded it back up guess what I got? The damn frozen black screen again. I've searched about this glitch and have found a few people had this problem. What a shame, a good game completely ruined in my eyes. And they don't even release a ******* patch for it either.

Makes me think twice about buying the sequel. I'm so annoyed.

/rant /blogfaqs
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#2dnmtPosted 8/27/2014 12:06:33 PM
That's a shame. Make sure to watch the rest of the game on YouTube at least.
#3desert_santaPosted 8/27/2014 12:07:16 PM
Ouch. Glad I bought it on the 360.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 8/27/2014 12:08:35 PM
That sucks too because the whole game is worth seeing. I would get frustrated if that happened to me as well.

I remember running into a game breaking glitch in DeathSpank where the reindeer wouldn't spawn or something like that and it basically broke the game. I restarted and the same thing happened after going through the entire game. Sucks.
---
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
I notice when Diablo 3's frame rate drops from 60 to 58 on the Xbox One.
#5teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 12:23:09 PM
Yea, like I said it's a shame. I enjoyed the game so much too but **** Lara now. It's extremely frustrating as I attempted the whole game again and the same crap happened. I came close to snapping the disc in half and tossing it in the trash. It's basically the same thing as sitting on my shelf now.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#6Shadowfxd2Posted 8/27/2014 12:29:54 PM
If xbone can't even handle the original, how will it handle the sequel made for it? I'm glad it's only timed...
#7duericPosted 8/27/2014 12:30:26 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
If xbone can't even handle the original, how will it handle the sequel made for it? I'm glad it's only timed...

Why do I feel like you're the TC?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 12:34:26 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

While searching for a possible fix, I found that the same glitch happens on ps4 as well.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#9archibald3Posted 8/27/2014 12:39:46 PM
dueric posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I love how all his comments are complete , 100% troll without even an attempt at intelligence of any sort. Pretty sure it must be a 10 year old.
#10teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 1:28:49 PM
archibald3 posted...
dueric posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I love how all his comments are complete , 100% troll without even an attempt at intelligence of any sort. Pretty sure it must be a 10 year old.

Agreed. I've seen many of his posts and it's always the same negative crap, usually about how xbox sucks.

In this case, Tomb Raider sucks... For me
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83