day one digital purchases should get pre-order bonuses.

#11Trigg3rH4ppy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 2:06:19 PM
My closest gamestop is 45 minutes away, and the closest wal mart is 20 minutes and it's a barebones wal mart with a poor game selection. going all digital makes sense for me, it's convenient to not have to mess around with discs also. I've not purchased a physical game since the few that i bought with the console and i haven't looked back since. All my games are easily accessible now with the click of a button and no more worrying about damaging a disc or my kid getting her grubby little fingers on it haha.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#12wrettcaughnPosted 8/28/2014 2:19:34 PM
jxohn posted...
leelee3105 posted...
jxohn posted...
Am I the only one that refuses to pay full price for a digital download makes no sense?

Yes it makes no sense that you refuse to. Buying games is one of the few things in life you don't have to pay extra to get online. Ever checked out cable ppw movies, redbox on demand? Usually you have to pay for the convenience. Ever ordered a pizza? Suck it up butter cup

Call me cheap I guess or smart but I will never pay the same price for anything digital that also comes out on disc. Also buddy movies digitally are cheaper in some cases then movies on disc. That is when I have bought a couple of digital ones kind of makes sense to me kiddo. Look at steam works great for them I am by all means not against digital I just think it shouldn't be at the same cost as a physical copy where if you want to you can resell it.

Yeah, Steam's model worked great for them. Didn't work out so hot for brick and mortar stores though... If digital games were cheaper the brick and mortars would pitch a fit. Game stops and indie shops would drop like flys and other retail stores would cut way back on stock... Then you're stuck with all digital because physical copies are difficult to come by...
---
GT: wrettcaughn
#13regsantotomasPosted 8/28/2014 2:35:39 PM(edited)
I think that it's a matter of time until this becomes standardized: digital copies will get the same or similar pre-order bonuses as their physical counterparts. We saw this with Madden and now Destiny and it won't be long until other games follow suit.

I don't think that physical options are going to go away in the short term this generation but I do believe that there will continue to be a steady shift towards digital distribution and services to the dismay I am sure of many gamers.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#14eastofeastsidePosted 8/28/2014 2:40:03 PM(edited)
Digital vs physical ramble is analogous to the HD vs Wii SD of last gen. Digital is console's future and trade-in and collector losers/trolls want to fight an inevitable digital future that will benefit all. Guess what, you are going to lose.
#15MrJuice13Posted 8/28/2014 2:42:58 PM
eastofeastside posted...
Digital vs physical ramble is analogous to the HD vs Wii SD of last gen. Digital is console's future and trade-in and collector losers/trolls want to fight an inevitable digital future that will benefit all. Guess what, you are going to lose.

How would a only digital library benefit those who don't have reliable or uncapped internet?
---
The power of Macleod!
#16eastofeastsidePosted 8/28/2014 2:48:16 PM
MrJuice13 posted...
eastofeastside posted...

How would a only digital library benefit those who don't have reliable or uncapped internet?

By necessitating it.
#17duericPosted 8/28/2014 2:49:16 PM
jxohn posted...
Am I the only one that refuses to pay full price for a digital download makes no sense?

Nah. You're not alone.

Until I see the savings the publishers do for digital copies, I'm not playing ball. I already feel dumb when I spend money irresponsibly on stuff that has value.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#18TreGoodaPosted 8/28/2014 2:51:42 PM
wrettcaughn posted...
jxohn posted...
leelee3105 posted...
jxohn posted...

Yes it makes no sense that you refuse to. Buying games is one of the few things in life you don't have to pay extra to get online. Ever checked out cable ppw movies, redbox on demand? Usually you have to pay for the convenience. Ever ordered a pizza? Suck it up butter cup

Call me cheap I guess or smart but I will never pay the same price for anything digital that also comes out on disc. Also buddy movies digitally are cheaper in some cases then movies on disc. That is when I have bought a couple of digital ones kind of makes sense to me kiddo. Look at steam works great for them I am by all means not against digital I just think it shouldn't be at the same cost as a physical copy where if you want to you can resell it.

Yeah, Steam's model worked great for them. Didn't work out so hot for brick and mortar stores though... If digital games were cheaper the brick and mortars would pitch a fit. Game stops and indie shops would drop like flys and other retail stores would cut way back on stock... Then you're stuck with all digital because physical copies are difficult to come by...

The digital Microsoft store has had better deals than steam for about a year now. It's as if you guys aren't paying attention.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#19Viper187666Posted 8/28/2014 3:17:58 PM
TreGooda posted...

The digital Microsoft store has had better deals than steam for about a year now. It's as if you guys aren't paying attention.

You mean like when they kept advertising COD Ghosts for $40 digital while the disc was selling for $20? I'll never choose digital over disc.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#20darkness1018Posted 8/28/2014 3:52:04 PM
Viper187666 posted...
TreGooda posted...

You mean like when they kept advertising COD Ghosts for $40 digital while the disc was selling for $20? I'll never choose digital over disc.

Same here. If gaming ever goes all digital I'll just be happy with my physical collection up to that point.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, Original Xbox, XB1