Finally got an XboxOne, quick question on installing games please...

#1bloodlover4everPosted 8/28/2014 2:43:32 AM
Do you have to install disc based games as well or only the digital ones?
If both then this is important, are the digital game and disc games equal in size and take the same space from your HDD?
#2dnmtPosted 8/28/2014 2:44:39 AM
Every game is installed regardless and the sizes are identical.
#3ShELbY_GT500Posted 8/28/2014 2:46:09 AM
Yes physical and digital copies of games have to both be installed. I believe the install times are the same however physical copies will install faster because obviously with a digital copy you have to download it first and then install it. With physical copies all you have to do is install. It's abit of a pain in the a** especially since the Xbox One console is pretty slow at installing.
---
PSN: iznutz355
XBL: iznutz355
#4ShELbY_GT500Posted 8/28/2014 2:47:11 AM
** I meant install size are the same, not install time..
---
#5bloodlover4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 2:53:56 AM
Thank you guys..I love the controller...very neat design..
Just bout it like an hour ago...I am on the update process:(
I've been asked twice for an update? Anyway can't wait to start..

The only funny thing is the console size, as an owner of both the first Xbox and the 360, this seems like as heavy as the original xbox and definitely bigger than 360.
#6ShELbY_GT500Posted 8/28/2014 3:06:15 AM
bloodlover4ever posted...
Thank you guys..I love the controller...very neat design..
Just bout it like an hour ago...I am on the update process:(
I've been asked twice for an update? Anyway can't wait to start..

The only funny thing is the console size, as an owner of both the first Xbox and the 360, this seems like as heavy as the original xbox and definitely bigger than 360.

It is a big unit indeed. Get used to those updates. Try and configure your console to do auto-updates in stand-by mode. Not only do you get the pleasure of console updates but you will also have to go through constant game updates as well. These new gen consoles are not very friendly towards gamers that only game once every week or so.
---