$150 stand-alone Kinect?

#11ShariusPosted 8/28/2014 7:01:47 AM
and they sell kinectless SKU for 400 bucks
---
PSNID: ShariusTC
#12orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:16:28 AM
Considering people did not buy the $500 Xbox One w/ Kinect, people are going to spend $550 to have a Kinect and the Xbox One?
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#13orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:17:34 AM
This is vs. a $460 PS4 with the PS4 camera...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#14glassghost0Posted 8/28/2014 7:18:25 AM
Yep, not a single stand-alone kinect will be sold and not a single $500 bundle was sold

>morons
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#15Hucast9Posted 8/28/2014 7:24:30 AM
Kinect is just not a good idea for games. It's a decent interface gimmick, but that's all. I would imagine that Kinect would be perfect for interacting with holographically projected objects into your gaming room, but it's a nuisance for games currently. Go look at Fighter Within. In that game you have to punch invisible air in front of you. Does punching invisible air in front of you make sense to anyone here?
#16ShariusPosted 8/28/2014 7:30:09 AM
i think i will stock alot of kinect version of xbone then i will sell them separate, xbone for 400 bucks and kinect for 150 bucks

that will be alot of money here, but first i have to find someone want to buy them
---
PSNID: ShariusTC
#17casper316Posted 8/28/2014 7:33:30 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Kinect is just not a good idea for games. It's a decent interface gimmick, but that's all. I would imagine that Kinect would be perfect for interacting with holographically projected objects into your gaming room, but it's a nuisance for games currently. Go look at Fighter Within. In that game you have to punch invisible air in front of you. Does punching invisible air in front of you make sense to anyone here?

by that logic all motion control games are bad then. have you even used it outside of the voice commands, even tried using it in games like BF4, or even bothered looking to see what games even took advantage of it. most of the hate from the kinect comes from the original, but the new kinect works a lot better then the original kinect ever did. when people have trouble getting the kinect to respond to them they are either shouting the commands, not enunciating, or pronouncing the words correctly, or they failed to properly calibrate the device. also the biggest part of it's negativity on here comes from trolls.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#18orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:45:58 AM
casper316 posted...
Hucast9 posted...

by that logic all motion control games are bad then. have you even used it outside of the voice commands, even tried using it in games like BF4, or even bothered looking to see what games even took advantage of it. most of the hate from the kinect comes from the original, but the new kinect works a lot better then the original kinect ever did. when people have trouble getting the kinect to respond to them they are either shouting the commands, not enunciating, or pronouncing the words correctly, or they failed to properly calibrate the device. also the biggest part of it's negativity on here comes from trolls.

Right, it is the user's fault, not the technology's fault.

When a device is designed for ease of use, and a user has to accommodate the device because it is not accurate enough to pick up all users, that is one of the reasons it is a failure.
---
-Bill Maher
#19ExDiosPosted 8/28/2014 7:46:48 AM
If someone bought the Kinectless Xbox One because they didn't want to pay $100 more dollars, then I doubt they'd buy the Kinect for $150 dollars.
---
Anime currently watching: Hunter x Hunter (2011), Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Games Currently Playing: Ryse: Son of Rome, Wolfenstein: TNO
#20orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:48:42 AM
ExDios posted...
If someone bought the Kinectless Xbox One because they didn't want to pay $100 more dollars, then I doubt they'd buy the Kinect for $150 dollars.

Exactly. I would be hard pressed to see the value in a $150 Kinect...
---
-Bill Maher