$150 stand-alone Kinect?

#21casper316Posted 8/28/2014 8:04:53 AM
orestes1981 posted...
casper316 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Kinect is just not a good idea for games. It's a decent interface gimmick, but that's all. I would imagine that Kinect would be perfect for interacting with holographically projected objects into your gaming room, but it's a nuisance for games currently. Go look at Fighter Within. In that game you have to punch invisible air in front of you. Does punching invisible air in front of you make sense to anyone here?

by that logic all motion control games are bad then. have you even used it outside of the voice commands, even tried using it in games like BF4, or even bothered looking to see what games even took advantage of it. most of the hate from the kinect comes from the original, but the new kinect works a lot better then the original kinect ever did. when people have trouble getting the kinect to respond to them they are either shouting the commands, not enunciating, or pronouncing the words correctly, or they failed to properly calibrate the device. also the biggest part of it's negativity on here comes from trolls.

Right, it is the user's fault, not the technology's fault.

When a device is designed for ease of use, and a user has to accommodate the device because it is not accurate enough to pick up all users, that is one of the reasons it is a failure.

lol kid they never marked it nor designed it for ease of use, and the thing is voice driven so yes if the user doesn't enunciate or pronounce the commands or calibrate the device correctly it will not function correctly. when you buy voice dictation software for your computer do you think that works right out of the box without training and calibrating it first?
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#22MRL3G3NDPosted 8/28/2014 10:17:50 AM
the only way they can save the kinect is to do a deal with oculus

say you need a kinect to have the oculus

when sony releases morpheus....MS will scramble to compete...they have nothing at the moment...

it would be easier just to make an adapter for the xbox one

I feel like I'm from the future sometimes...I see tons of oculus rift demos and each one of them had a kinect sitting right there...

and all of these fans and corporate big wigs cannot put two and two together

people are already like KILL VR WITH A STICK

smh
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#23orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 10:35:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 10:37:52 AM
casper316 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
casper316 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Kinect is just not a good idea for games. It's a decent interface gimmick, but that's all. I would imagine that Kinect would be perfect for interacting with holographically projected objects into your gaming room, but it's a nuisance for games currently. Go look at Fighter Within. In that game you have to punch invisible air in front of you. Does punching invisible air in front of you make sense to anyone here?

by that logic all motion control games are bad then. have you even used it outside of the voice commands, even tried using it in games like BF4, or even bothered looking to see what games even took advantage of it. most of the hate from the kinect comes from the original, but the new kinect works a lot better then the original kinect ever did. when people have trouble getting the kinect to respond to them they are either shouting the commands, not enunciating, or pronouncing the words correctly, or they failed to properly calibrate the device. also the biggest part of it's negativity on here comes from trolls.

When a device is designed for ease of use, and a user has to accommodate the device because it is not accurate enough to pick up all users, that is one of the reasons it is a failure.

lol kid they never marked it nor designed it for ease of use, and the thing is voice driven so yes if the user doesn't enunciate or pronounce the commands or calibrate the device correctly it will not function correctly. when you buy voice dictation software for your computer do you think that works right out of the box without training and calibrating it first?

Right. So, it is not accurate. People do not all talk the same, but that will take social skills and social interactions to realize.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#25scoobydoobydontPosted 8/28/2014 11:17:06 AM
You'd think after more than 4 years of selling well, Kinect haters would move the **** on. Guess they are a joyless and pathetic as I thought.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#26casper316Posted 8/28/2014 12:46:22 PM
orestes1981 posted...
casper316 posted...
orestes1981 posted...
casper316 posted...
Hucast9 posted...

Right. So, it is not accurate. People do not all talk the same, but that will take social skills and social interactions to realize.

the point is kid the kinect isn't full blown software driven and when the user does set it up properly it works 100% of the time. I never have to repeat a command more then once to get it to do what I want it to, if you do then either you have a speech impediment or you where to stupid to properly calibrate it. so 99.9% of issues with the kinect are from user error.
---
#27kyncaniPosted 8/28/2014 3:30:02 PM
The Xbox One is flopping behind the Wii U; Microsoft had to take some steps to try and save it.
And whether you like or not, Kinect has been cut loose.
#28Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/28/2014 3:33:25 PM
Hey, I bought a Kinect during Holiday 2010 and I bought an Xbox One with the Kinect, which I would have bought even if if wasn't bundled. I love my Kinect. Can't wait for the games.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#29ITIorpheusPosted 8/28/2014 4:11:41 PM
Yeah telling developers that they should use kinect as a tool when developing games, and then putting out kinectless bundles and charging so much for it stand-alone is a pretty odd decision.
---
PSN: itiorpheus
XBL: Brandonvenom
#30casper316Posted 8/28/2014 5:03:21 PM
ITIorpheus posted...
Yeah telling developers that they should use kinect as a tool when developing games, and then putting out kinectless bundles and charging so much for it stand-alone is a pretty odd decision.

you do understand that when things are bundled together that bundle is cheaper then the items are by themselves right? and the Kinect isn't a normal webcam like the PS Camera is either, there is a lot more tech built into it.
---