I wonder how badly stores sales are doing

#21Bobsy84Posted 9/1/2014 11:35:03 AM
As others have posted in the uk it is purely a price based thing, if it was just a little bit like say 5 difference it wouldn't be too bad but its like they don't even adjust the price for older games.
Its the same on both ps and xbox, also 95% of the games i pre order through online stores/ebay arrive a day before street date so i get to enjoy them a day earlier :)
#22Juzten76Posted 9/1/2014 11:36:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23bob15xPosted 9/1/2014 12:11:11 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
For disc games, I know I've now canceled 2 disc games to go digital with pre ordering showing up. I normally prefer disc but this gen I've been about 25% disc 75% digital.

anything I expect not to resell I will buy digital. There is no reason at all to buy physical anymore besides that and when you will be able to resell digital games I will never buy another disk.
#24Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 4:10:00 PM
bob15x posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
For disc games, I know I've now canceled 2 disc games to go digital with pre ordering showing up. I normally prefer disc but this gen I've been about 25% disc 75% digital.

anything I expect not to resell I will buy digital. There is no reason at all to buy physical anymore besides that and when you will be able to resell digital games I will never buy another disk.

Resell digital games? Lol, did you really believe that they're going to let you resell digital games?

Oh man, no wonder you bought an XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25AnakeriePosted 9/1/2014 4:12:29 PM
I hardly ever sell or trade in old games (really, what you get for them is just sad) so I don't mind going digital.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#26darkness1018Posted 9/1/2014 4:15:18 PM
I will always prefer Physical over digital for many reasons. I like owning my games & not being at mercy of the digital servers. That said, I'm sure physical sales still out number digital ones by a lot.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, Original Xbox, XB1
#27AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/1/2014 4:26:53 PM
darkness1018 posted...
I will always prefer Physical over digital for many reasons. I like owning my games & not being at mercy of the digital servers. That said, I'm sure physical sales still out number digital ones by a lot.

This.

Forever this.
---
"**** ****..."-* **** ***** (8/8/14)
#28x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/1/2014 4:35:22 PM
Laylow12 posted...
bob15x posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Resell digital games? Lol, did you really believe that they're going to let you resell digital games?

Actually, reselling digital games is a possibility but when it happens is anyone's guess. Then again, it may never happen. Microsoft and Sony would be able to offer $25 back for the game and offer it back in credit. You can then buy another game. There would be no second hand sales but it would make digital a more attractive option than it already is.

Again, may never happen but it is good for business.
#29PominAusPosted 9/1/2014 4:43:52 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...

There is no difference between a physical and digital version. I don't see any real merit outside of not having to change discs(the horror).

Not strictly true, opting for digital essentially grants you two licenses per game (if you have a friend to share games with).

A friend that I share games with bought Forza 5, Trials Fusion, Metro Redux and EA Access, whilst I've bought Thief, DR3 and Titanfall digitally. I've also pre-loaded Destiny. I can play all his digital games and he can play mine.
#30Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 4:55:49 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Laylow12 posted...
bob15x posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Actually, reselling digital games is a possibility but when it happens is anyone's guess. Then again, it may never happen. Microsoft and Sony would be able to offer $25 back for the game and offer it back in credit. You can then buy another game. There would be no second hand sales but it would make digital a more attractive option than it already is.

Again, may never happen but it is good for business.

Why would they need to pay you for something that doesn't exist? A physical disc is the game itself but there is no circumstance where they would buy your digital license when they already have limitless quantities of them for sale.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin