I wonder how badly stores sales are doing

#41x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/1/2014 7:20:54 PM
Laylow12 posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Laylow12 posted...
bob15x posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
For disc games, I know I've now canceled 2 disc games to go digital with pre ordering showing up. I normally prefer disc but this gen I've been about 25% disc 75% digital.

anything I expect not to resell I will buy digital. There is no reason at all to buy physical anymore besides that and when you will be able to resell digital games I will never buy another disk.

Resell digital games? Lol, did you really believe that they're going to let you resell digital games?

Oh man, no wonder you bought an XBOX ONE.

Actually, reselling digital games is a possibility but when it happens is anyone's guess. Then again, it may never happen. Microsoft and Sony would be able to offer $25 back for the game and offer it back in credit. You can then buy another game. There would be no second hand sales but it would make digital a more attractive option than it already is.

Again, may never happen but it is good for business.

Why would they need to pay you for something that doesn't exist? A physical disc is the game itself but there is no circumstance where they would buy your digital license when they already have limitless quantities of them for sale.

Its not about a limited quantity. If Microsoft and Sony want people to accept digital this is the only option. It would also ensure that trade ins don't cost them a sale.

If you trade in a physical copy the publisher loses the money. If you do a digital copy the publisher could get some money back for it.
#42MrImpatient35Posted 9/1/2014 7:24:40 PM
I'm starting to go that way too. I'm thinking about cancelling my disc preorder of Destiny to go Digital.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#43Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 7:42:56 PM
They do not and will not give you anything for a digital copy. It makes no sense whatsoever. They have plenty of people wanting digital only just so they don't have to get up and exchange discs to play a different game

The physical disc is essentially the game in physical form, playable in any console. The digital copy exists only on your hard drive. They have no use for your digital copy, so why pay you for it? They can release digital copies without your help but a physical disc holds value because it's a portable version of the game.

It's like saying you buy a new car for $40,000 and return it after 5 years and the dealer buys it back from you for $20,000. The car is not drive able for anyone but you. The dealer is now out $20,000 with nothing to show for it. Not going to happen.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#44x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/1/2014 7:54:11 PM
Laylow12 posted...
They do not and will not give you anything for a digital copy. It makes no sense whatsoever. They have plenty of people wanting digital only just so they don't have to get up and exchange discs to play a different game

The physical disc is essentially the game in physical form, playable in any console. The digital copy exists only on your hard drive. They have no use for your digital copy, so why pay you for it? They can release digital copies without your help but a physical disc holds value because it's a portable version of the game.

It's like saying you buy a new car for $40,000 and return it after 5 years and the dealer buys it back from you for $20,000. The car is not drive able for anyone but you. The dealer is now out $20,000 with nothing to show for it. Not going to happen.

I understand your point but before the DRM reversal Microsoft was planning to allow game sharing and trading with your friends. So nothing is out of the question.
#45quincy2000aPosted 9/1/2014 8:00:01 PM
I'm the one responsible for getting family (especially younger) and friends involved with console gaming.

I have too many of them that game to go digital--I'm too accustomed to giving them my hand me downs/letting them borrow.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#46teeebzPosted 9/1/2014 8:02:10 PM
I always buy physical but I won't lie. The whole "pre-order the game, and pre-download the game so that at midnight you can automatically boot it up without waiting at all," is enticing.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#47Crystyn_7BPosted 9/1/2014 8:03:18 PM
quincy2000a posted...
I'm the one responsible for getting family (especially younger) and friends involved with console gaming.

I have too many of them that game to go digital--I'm too accustomed to giving them my hand me downs/letting them borrow.

Had to make a double-take, quincy making an original comment with substance in a thread not started by him???
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#48vigorm0rtisPosted 9/1/2014 8:06:00 PM
Warsuh posted...
Digital seems like the way to go for the most part nowadays.

Only if you like paying more.

Stores probably don't know themselves yet. Gamestop's profits went up significantly last quarter, though.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#49Laylow12Posted 9/1/2014 8:13:57 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Laylow12 posted...

I understand your point but before the DRM reversal Microsoft was planning to allow game sharing and trading with your friends. So nothing is out of the question.

They never clarified the whole "family share" plan and when pressed for details and answers, they avoided the questions like the plague. If you don't believe me then do some checking on this whole "family share" plan and you'll see what I mean.

Also, if this was going to happen, why take it away? They certainly have digital games now, right? So what happened? I don't think publishers would appreciate one copy of a game being played on ten different consoles. Not going to happen.

What did happen was they got caught in a hailstorm of lies and BS after the reveal and ran like children back to HQ to figure out their next move. TV, CABLE and KINECT 2.0 was the focal point and games were sidelined. Now they're stuck being mediocre hardware for games compared to Sony and KINECT is ditched.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#50Crystyn_7BPosted 9/1/2014 8:16:35 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Warsuh posted...
Digital seems like the way to go for the most part nowadays.

Only if you like paying more.

Stores probably don't know themselves yet. Gamestop's profits went up significantly last quarter, though.

What if I told you I pay around 1/3 less digitally and often get them one or multiple days earlier than they are available in my region physically.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)