What is the most "next-gen" experience that you've had with the Xbox One so far?

#1fon1988Posted 8/28/2014 6:33:36 AM
80/80

First off, I'm not dissing on the Xbox One as I will be purchasing one with Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection in November.

That being said, one of my friends recently bought the system and was showing it off to me. We went through the menus and played Thief and Titanfall. Both games felt and played very similar to 360 games and the graphics were nothing to write home about either.

I'm wondering if there are any games out there that truly feel "next-gen" so far, and if so, what are they?

P.S. What I mean by next-gen is something that sticks out to you that was not possible last gen.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.
#2BlazingxPaddlesPosted 8/28/2014 6:37:06 AM
Ryse for the graphics, Dead Rising 3 for the console capabilities- all those z's on screen at the same time without loading times.
#3fon1988(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 8:56:39 AM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
Ryse for the graphics, Dead Rising 3 for the console capabilities- all those z's on screen at the same time without loading times.

Thanks for the answer.

Apparently no one else has had a next gen experience they want to share.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.
#4SageOfChaosPosted 8/28/2014 8:58:54 AM
Watching Youtube while playing a game was nice.

Also, saying Xbox Record that is fantastic as well.
---
Bananas, bananas... and bananas
#5Mobius1RisingPosted 8/28/2014 9:00:01 AM
It was ment to be the elder scrolls online but it got canned/held back
---
My favourite games are Okami the Metroid series.and the Ace Combat series.My favourite characters are Amaterasu Samus.Leifang. Yoshi. Lara Croft, and Fem shep.
#6lilj812Posted 8/28/2014 9:01:57 AM
I was playing bf4 at 1080p, 60fps, lighting dudes up. Then I immediately switched to dark souls 2, picked up my controller and played around while the next screen loaded. Then I alt tabbed to my YouTube playlist to switch it to my own playlist because ads get to me. Then I switched back into bf4.

Oh, only Xbox 1? Don't own one.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/28/2014 9:07:46 AM
Mobius1Rising posted...
It was ment to be the elder scrolls online but it got canned/held back

TESO probably is canned, not doing well with the subscription model, at least on PC which is home to MMO/Elder scroll gamers.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#8zephirrainesPosted 8/28/2014 9:12:26 AM
BlazingxPaddles posted...

Exactly what i was goin to say.
#9zombodyPosted 8/28/2014 1:10:18 PM
I came here to say dead rising but it's already been said. The amount of chaos and zombies on screen at one time with NO slowdown and NO pop in made this generation a big deal to me. You can see the power these systems have, can't wait for more.
---
Timesplitters!
#10aheroafakePosted 8/28/2014 1:27:34 PM(edited)
Ryse for graphics, Dead Rising 3 for no loading times as well as the amount of zombies on screen at once, and Battlefield 4 for the 64 player online battles, Snap capability, being able to stream Netflix while being able to play an online game at the same time without experiencing lag. That's all I can think of so far.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |