One of the worst holiday seasons ever for releases?

#21scoobydoobydontPosted 8/28/2014 6:13:58 PM
I think this holiday is fine, however I can (and will in most cases) play everything that interests me on last gen consoles. It's really a bad year for early adopters trying to justify new gen consoles though. Sunset and the SS dlc is about the only new gen exclusive content that looks interesting between now and January.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#22AFreebyPosted 8/28/2014 6:22:19 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
AFreeby posted...
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, as I have quite a few titles I'm excited for this holiday. Here's a small list:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Little Big Planet 3
Lords of the Fallen
Destiny
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. U
Ori and the Blind Forest
Alien: Isolation
The Evil Within
Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN (if the US version gets released this year)

There is probably a few more actually, but those are just the ones that came right to mind.

Bayonetta 2. Will not be out this year and stuff like sunset overdrive would be an afterthought in a real year.. There are three or four games I'm looking forward to but it's just because they're not as bad as some of the others ..alien isolation I'm looking forward to but I've been burned on too many alien games before to really be excited about it.. You're seriously excited about assassins creed unity? I may get it but I'm not actually excited about it

I didn't say anything about Sunset Overdrive, as it is not one of the games I'm looking forward to. Don't get me wrong, it will probably be a good game, but it is just not my style. Bayonetta 2 is currently listed as being released in October 2014, so unless that has changed recently it is still one of my most anticipated games of 2014. As for Assassin's Creed Unity, yes, I'm very excited for it, as I have loved all of the entries into the AC series, with 3 being my least favorite, though I still enjoyed it. I'm a big history buff, and it is one of the few games series that actually deals with history in a fun way.

My most anticipated game for 2014 though is probably Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I love action adventure titles, and it looks like it is a game right up my alley. A few RPG elements, but mainly good ol' hack and slash mixed with exploration. Not enough pure action adventures get made anymore.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board