Access Other Region Markets?

#1Silver_MagicianPosted 8/28/2014 3:01:13 PM
With Xbox 360 all you had to do was make a user account created in another region and log in to be able to access another region's store. But on Xbox One, logging into the other region user account doesn't seem to allow you to access that other region's store. Is this no longer possible?
#2dnmtPosted 8/28/2014 3:03:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3duericPosted 8/28/2014 3:06:18 PM
It works. You just have to change the language too.

Tip: I am not responsible if you don't take notes and can't get back to English.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4Silver_Magician(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 3:13:41 PM
I thought the Xbox One was region free though? Does the system allow you to go back to the original region after? Does changing region invalidate digital purchases?
#5googlerPosted 8/28/2014 3:40:49 PM
Silver_Magician posted...
I thought the Xbox One was region free though? Does the system allow you to go back to the original region after? Does changing region invalidate digital purchases?

Although Japan isn't really getting anything yet, I was wondering the same. We all know that's probably the only market where people will want to import games from which is also the worst-selling for the brand, so why not do everyone a favor and just open it up for all. Would be so much better than having to pay for shipping and waiting for it to come from HK or Japan
#6Crystyn_7BPosted 8/28/2014 3:50:16 PM
dnmt posted...
Yep. Cannot be done.

just stop.

Accessing foreign stores on XBO is easier than ever. I've bought all my games from the US store despite living in europe.

I do retain the license while changing regions, though I usually just leave it set to the US as I prefer the english voice commands to the german.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#7Silver_Magician(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 4:01:37 PM
I have a US, UK and JP accounts and tried the UK account on the XBone and was still logged into the US store, best I could tell. I would try the JP account, but it's not released there yet.
#8Crystyn_7BPosted 8/28/2014 7:43:19 PM(edited)
Silver_Magician posted...
I have a US, UK and JP accounts and tried the UK account on the XBone and was still logged into the US store, best I could tell. I would try the JP account, but it's not released there yet.

Go to System > location and change US to UK, restart and voila you're in the UK store no GT switch needed. Japan isn't yet available.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)