Halo 5: 1080p 60 FPS

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo 5: 1080p 60 FPS
1 year ago#1
Anyone else feel like begging Microsoft to reconsider? Poor little Xbone just doesn't have the muscle to pull this off without making a game visually comparable to Halo 4. It's basic math. Hell, I doubt PS4 could pull off a true next-gen Halo like this. I personally think they should keep the 60 FPS for tight gameplay and make the resolution 720p (maybe 900p if they can squeeze out some of that secret sauce) to ensure we get a Halo that truly looks and feels next generation.

Your thoughts?
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
1 year ago#2
I trust they are going to do the right thing....
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
1 year ago#3
Even at 1080/60 no way will H5 look comparable or worse than 4.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
1 year ago#4
Skynet82997 posted...

Let us do some basic math here. 60 FPS takes twice the power of 30 FPS to achieve. Add 1080p and that takes another 4x the power. So at 8x the power of Xbox 360 required for these updates, the Xbox One is already out of juice. I think Xbox One sits at around 6x 360 processing power.
---
1 year ago#5
bump
---
1 year ago#6
Wii_Truth posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Let us do some basic math here. 60 FPS takes twice the power of 30 FPS to achieve. Add 1080p and that takes another 4x the power. So at 8x the power of Xbox 360 required for these updates, the Xbox One is already out of juice. I think Xbox One sits at around 6x 360 processing power.

I don't even...
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
1 year ago#7
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
I don't even...

You seem bewildered at my rationale, but you haven't provided any facts to prove me wrong. Can someone explain if my tech knowledge is off? I am genuinely concerned about Halo 5. I remember when Halo 3 came out, the chief complaint was that it did not really look much better than Halo 2. I'm hoping this does not turn into a repeat.
---
1 year ago#8
Wii_Truth posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

You're over simplifying things here. That's why you shouldn't comment on things beyond your mental capacity. It's always an instafail. On topic though, that's great to hear that the most anticipated game this gen is running on what is now considered console max settings
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
1 year ago#9
Wii_Truth posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
I don't even...

You seem bewildered at my rationale, but you haven't provided any facts to prove me wrong. Can someone explain if my tech knowledge is off? I am genuinely concerned about Halo 5. I remember when Halo 3 came out, the chief complaint was that it did not really look much better than Halo 2. I'm hoping this does not turn into a repeat.

I remember thinking Halo 3 looked astounding... Such shiny surfaces and tiny details everywhere.
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
1 year ago#10
leelee3105 posted...
Wii_Truth posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

You're over simplifying things here. That's why you shouldn't comment on things beyond your mental capacity. It's always an instafail. On topic though, that's great to hear that the most anticipated game this gen is running on what is now considered console max settings

Your topic TC is now at an end, good post my friend!
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog PSN: DamnEvilDog
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Halo 5: 1080p 60 FPS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived