Why are controllers so expensive?

#21AdrastiaPosted 8/29/2014 1:14:40 PM(edited)
Syn_Vengeance posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
Idk but if you thought you had to keep your raging checked last gen, this gen will own your soul.

This, don't sneeze to close to your controller, one of the analog sticks might fall the hell off.

I'm on my 3rd controller in 5 months, The ones are made so cheaply.

Geeze, what are you doing to your controllers man? Stop man handling them.

It's called being cheaply made, I had defective Analog sticks on my first 2.

Don't feel bad. Practically everything is cheap flimsey garbage these days. They just want to charge you more for shoddy workmanship that you keep having to buy more of.

My official PS3 controller is garbage compared to my official PS2 controller. It's inexcusable.
---
The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth...... - Vincent FF7
#22MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/29/2014 2:05:04 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
TIL that some of the worlds strongest men play Xbox. Idk how you dudes are breaking controllers. I've still got my original controlled that came with my Xbox 360 from 9 years ago and it works like a charm.

Xbox 360 controllers break along the "wings" easily. I'm thinking it's the high intensity of the games I play or something.

PS3 controllers also break there as well. Possibly due to me playing SFHDRemix and being too lazy to buy a Hori Pro stick.

PS3 controller's right analog stick and the surround plastic gets DESTROYED whilst playing God Of War: Ascension MP.

In strength I say the 360 controller wins, but it's still crap compared to even the SNES controller. And all bow before the NES controller... though that thing has a better chance of hurting you than you it.

And I'm a teeny tiny 5'3" 135lbs(Married. Trust me, it matters). I know you 6'1" 320lbs neckbeards(Singles, telling you it matters) know what I'm talking about.
---
"It's not about visuals or gameplay. It's about exclusives." - Special-Edd
#23SignalMyMiseryyPosted 8/29/2014 2:09:38 PM
xDD 320lbs neckbeards.
To be fair though i'm 6'1 but a skinny nerd. 140lbs so I can't judge but i've had a 360 controller since it launched and put it hrough hell with throwing it, etc. and it works perfectly with cosmetic flaws but it works well.
#24MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/29/2014 2:43:35 PM
SignalMyMiseryy posted...
xDD 320lbs neckbeards.
To be fair though i'm 6'1 but a skinny nerd. 140lbs so I can't judge but i've had a 360 controller since it launched and put it hrough hell with throwing it, etc. and it works perfectly with cosmetic flaws but it works well.

No, no... the 360(For the most part, and in most cases) works fine. But when the "wings" break, that corner plastic digs into your hand. And hence, even though the buttons work, you buy another controller.

Now, PS3's controller in the case of the God of War MP I mentioned, would be unusable. As the broken plastic served to hold the analog stick where it was rather than let it go back to the center position.

But yeah, in here I have unbiasedly critiqued both controllers. There are folks on here though that say, "I'm still using my original Xbox controller." etc. I'm all for the console war. I would attend a paintball match where it's PS VS Microsoft. But when it comes to crap quality controllers, we should all be united. Especially the ragers that slam their controllers.
---
"It's not about visuals or gameplay. It's about exclusives." - Special-Edd