Question about Bungie and 343

#1CarcerCityHoodPosted 8/29/2014 8:41:16 AM
When Bungie broke away from Microsoft a couple of years ago and 343 was formed, I heard some of the original Bungie employees wanted to keep working on Halo and so they went to 343. My question is, how many exactly. Do any of you long time fans know where most of the talent that made the original Halo games is at right now, are they still with Bungie or what?

Also, I'm trying to decide between Halo MCC and Destiny this holiday. Which one do y'all think will have the longest lasting apeal, especially when it comes to versus multiplayer. I've played every Halo game but unfortunately didn't play the Destiny beta. Thanks!!
#2dnmtPosted 8/29/2014 9:05:59 AM(edited)
Most of the original Halo team is still at Bungie. As for your second question I think I'd get Destiny if only because it's a completely new game rather than a remaster, not to disrespect Halo or anything, God forbid.
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/29/2014 9:05:55 AM
I think when they were first formed 4 people from Bungie went to 343. and now I think another 2 recently came to 343. but I'm not completely sure.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#4CarcerCityHood(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 10:57:10 AM
So only a handful of them went to 343? That's a lot less than I thought.
#5WarsuhPosted 8/30/2014 2:34:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6puffnbillys420Posted 8/30/2014 2:39:16 AM(edited)
Yeh you can definitely tell nobody important went to 343...especially that little "thank you for trusting us with halo" message at the end of halo 4...they shouldnt of been trusted
---
If you aint first you're last
#7WarsuhPosted 8/30/2014 2:44:06 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Yeh you can definitely tell nobody important went to 343...especially that little "thank you for trusting us with halo" message at the end of halo 4...they shouldnt of been trusted

Halo 4 was a disaster for old school Halo fans. But they are going the right direction with Halo 5 from what I've heard. The awesome thing about Halo 5 is that they are having a beta almost a full year before the game is released, that way they can add and remove things from the final version if need be.
#8PudgeisafishPosted 8/30/2014 3:03:47 AM
I enjoyed the Halo trilogy, but there were things that Bungie did that made the games feel shoddy.

343 Halo 4 was a step up imo. Much better pace, and the quality in character models were leaps better than what Bungie did.

Reason I'm not getting Destiny is because those same things Bungie annoyed me with are apparent in Destiny.
Looks so boring, imo.

Can't wait for MCC, and Halo 5! Halo 4 is the first game I'm playing in the collection.