so will all games look better on Xbox one now?

#21ViewtifulSchmoePosted 8/29/2014 6:41:10 PM
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...
astutecollie posted...
Some will, some wont. It will be similar to last gen, some looked better on the 360 even though the PS3 had beefier specs. PS4 has beefier specs in some areas, and were hearing about some multiplats running better on the X1.

Specs arent the most important thing to how a game looks or runs, its architecture, how all the parts work together, and MS knows all about that. This is why even though the U is way less powerful than both of these systems, its actually constructed in a pretty ingenious way, as discussed in great length on neogaf, which was also confirmed by multiple devs saying some amazing things can be done on it.

We saw that in that Zelda gameplay vid. That looked better than anything ive seen on the PS4 or X1. The parts work together in delicious harmony, and the can likely be said for the X1. MS knows how to build machines that run games. The original XBOX was a freaking powerhouse, but the specs really werent that amazing, and yet it still destroyed the gamecube and ps2.

There are no mulitplats that run better on the XBOX ONE, Lol. Nice try kid.

Digital Foundry disagrees. More of your 'truth' hey?

Please name those better multiplats then, I'd love to know as I own both console and my buddy is strictly X1 and clearly we both agree PS4 runs them better, in some cases marginally.
---
If it ain't broke.......break it!
#22PominAusPosted 8/29/2014 6:45:19 PM
ViewtifulSchmoe posted...
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...
astutecollie posted...
Some will, some wont. It will be similar to last gen, some looked better on the 360 even though the PS3 had beefier specs. PS4 has beefier specs in some areas, and were hearing about some multiplats running better on the X1.

Specs arent the most important thing to how a game looks or runs, its architecture, how all the parts work together, and MS knows all about that. This is why even though the U is way less powerful than both of these systems, its actually constructed in a pretty ingenious way, as discussed in great length on neogaf, which was also confirmed by multiple devs saying some amazing things can be done on it.

We saw that in that Zelda gameplay vid. That looked better than anything ive seen on the PS4 or X1. The parts work together in delicious harmony, and the can likely be said for the X1. MS knows how to build machines that run games. The original XBOX was a freaking powerhouse, but the specs really werent that amazing, and yet it still destroyed the gamecube and ps2.

Please name those better multiplats then, I'd love to know as I own both console and my buddy is strictly X1 and clearly we both agree PS4 runs them better, in some cases marginally.

Just Thief as far as I'm aware. Poorly optimised across all platforms, but runs best on XBO.
#23quincy2000aPosted 8/29/2014 7:12:25 PM
PominAus posted...
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Just Thief as far as I'm aware. Poorly optimised across all platforms, but runs best on XBO.

From Digital Foundry--"Update 2/3/14 17:45 GMT: On closer inspection, we see parallax occlusion mapping used sparingly on PS4 and PC in the The City hub area, which adds texture extrusions over the Xbox One release. For a majority of surfaces this effect is avoided entirely across all platforms, and for others it's subtle. The most notable contrast is to the centre road brick-work of Stonemarket, though texture quality is identical for any surfaces surrounding it. It's a curious point in favour of the PS4 version in a comparison that is already close - though as documented, its blurrier texture filtering is a trade-off that is worth considering. This is also a separate issue to tessellation - which is engaged on all platforms. We can also confirm both versions are fully installed before starting this test, as with all Face-Offs where the option is available. We hope this clears up any confusion."
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#24Laylow12Posted 8/29/2014 7:45:05 PM
PominAus posted...
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...
astutecollie posted...

OOPS!! Read the post above this one for clarification. =)

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25PominAusPosted 8/29/2014 7:57:27 PM
Laylow12 posted...

OOPS!! Read the post above this one for clarification. =)

Oops what? Further clarification:

"All in all, it's hard not to be disappointed on a technical level with Thief. It's often our refrain, but in this case we'd strongly urge opting for the PC release if it's an option. If you're committed to buying for one next-gen platform or another, the superior texture filtering on Xbox One means it carries itself slightly better in the visual stakes - but frame-pacing aside, for the most part all three versions match up very closely indeed."
#26regs8376Posted 8/29/2014 8:02:06 PM
Pretty sure he is referring to the update snippet that quincy quoted right above which is actually more current.
#27PominAusPosted 8/29/2014 8:05:12 PM
regs8376 posted...
Pretty sure he is referring to the update snippet that quincy quoted right above which is actually more current.

Yes and that "more current" update did nothing to readdress my quote from the same article, which gives the nod to XBO over PS4.
#28McCartneyMartinPosted 8/29/2014 9:06:06 PM
I always felt lighting looked better on the One. For some reason PS4 games just looks darker to me. By the way, I love this thread. laylow must be going nuts. TC is very wise.
#29caliguy1971Posted 8/29/2014 9:10:25 PM
Anyone else hate the made up word "multiplat"?! Sorry, I had to get vent real quick.

That said, I am an Xbox die hard, but I know PS4 game will look better almost every time.
---
Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000325
#30youngskillzPosted 8/29/2014 9:10:31 PM
definitely some look better on xbox.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Godsire, Allegaeon.